So yeah, the Tea Party hilariously screwed the GOP last night. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:49:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  So yeah, the Tea Party hilariously screwed the GOP last night. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So yeah, the Tea Party hilariously screwed the GOP last night.  (Read 7725 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: November 03, 2010, 10:42:17 AM »

Biggest swing election since 1928, what a failure!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »

It's certainly true that the TEA party nominees screwed the GOP out of the possibility of taking the Senate.  It looks like they lost more races than they won in the House, but they did win a pretty impressive number of races for their first time out (a fact I take no comfort in).

I'm really curious to see how the GOP deals with TEA party reps and senators in Congress.  I wonder if they will actually be the thorn in the party's side they promise to be, like the Blue Dogs are for Democrats, or whether they'll just go along.  The GOP claims that its big concerns are tax cuts and reducing the deficit, but we all know they only care about the first of these.  The TEA party is, as its name suggests, primarily concerned with taxes, so I suspect they'll shrug off the deficit concerns when it comes time to pull out their voting cards too.  But we'll see, it'll be interesting.

Yes, most of the newly elected members were there when the Repubics went nuts with the deficit.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 10:54:14 AM »

I don't see why it's "spin" to state the obvious - that more mainstream nominees would have won handily in Nevada, Delaware and Colorado.

Ok, then take away KY & FL.........so what would one more Senate seat have accomplished?

Appropriate SN.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 08:14:34 AM »

The Tea Party may have gotten a little greedy in a few spots, but they played a large role in motivating the conservative base and defining the national mood that ultimately led to such a large victory. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss their effect on the election.

The fellow I've gotten into it with the most out of anyone here is the one who nails the reality on the head.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies