How will the Trumpster do among Hispanics?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:22:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How will the Trumpster do among Hispanics?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How will the Trumpster do among Hispanics?  (Read 1143 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2016, 09:45:44 PM »

Worse than with Blacks.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 09:47:51 PM »

In a good way, like he'll win a lot of Blacks? Or a bad way, like Hillary winning 90+%?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2016, 09:49:13 PM »

My argument is that those hispanics who are offended by TRUMP's talk are already not likely to vote Pub, so let's try to avoid counting them twice.

Hispanics who voted Romney will probably vote TRUMP this time.
I doubt this, and both ag and I already explained why.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2016, 09:58:04 PM »

My argument is that those hispanics who are offended by TRUMP's talk are already not likely to vote Pub, so let's try to avoid counting them twice.

I doubt this, and both ag and I already explained why.

He is seeing what he wants to see. If he shopped his opinion on this around to almost any reputable political strategist, they'd laugh him out of the room.

So many people are simply unable to be objective with this stuff. They latch onto a party or a candidate they like and let oddly twisted forms of confirmation bias run wild.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2016, 10:07:47 PM »

I think you are projecting your wishes. But that's OK.

In the end, the people will vote in their best interest. If they think they will be better served by a Democrat, they will vote Democrat. But TRUMP's economic policies will offer a real alternative.

Bottom line, we need to see.

You're trolling. It's as if you are saying that European Muslims could be inclined to vote for radical right-wing parties because their economic agenda might fit the needs of working-class people. Even if that would truly be the case, you're ignoring the fact that these parties derive their entire popularity from their anti-Muslim stance -- so of course Muslims are not going to vote for these parties. Similarly, Trump has become popular by exploiting anti-immigration sentiments, more specifically negative sentiments related to Hispanic immigrants. You don't really have to be an Einstein to know that this has turned off most Hispanics to the point that many of them will be likely to vote for anyone but Trump, regardless of Trump's economic views. So of course Trump is less popular than Romney among Hispanics.

Not at all. Romney was never perceived as basing his campaign on being anti-Hispanic. Trump is. There was a way of interpreting what Romney was saying as merely being "against illegal immigrants". In Trump's case one has to really want to vote Trump to interpret it that way. Trump is hurting precisely with the part of the Hispanic population that has historically been least hostile to the Republicans.  Cubans, for one, are a traditionally Rebublican electorate where he is doing a lot of damage.  And they aren not the only ones. A lot of Hispanics who do not personally identify with illegal migrants have heard enough to despise Trump quite personally. It is impossible to go around insulting people and not expect them to be insulted.

Hispanic community's partisan affiliation has, actually, been quite fluid recently. This may be the big step on the road to Black-style voting patterns.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2016, 04:09:49 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2016, 04:47:31 AM by MohamedChalid »

Oh come on, we all know that he’ll win the latino vote.*

(*according to the Donald himelf; because he'll bring them jobs as the greatest Jobs-president that god ever created. LOL!!)
andrew_c
Canada

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2016, 04:21:25 AM »

At least 5-10% worse than Romney, quite possibly more.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2016, 07:12:45 AM »

He will lose it 70-30.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2016, 08:53:15 AM »

Very soon Hispanics will vote on AA levels if the party continues to use the rhetoric it does.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2016, 01:06:10 PM »

Trump's message, that America is in decline and is very weak, does not appeal to Hispanics, even if his nativist garbage is discounted. Latinos have experienced a lot of social mobility in the United States, they believe in "the American Dream" etc. That doesn't mean that they don't tend towards left-leaning, if not outright leftist, views on economic issues but they, along with Asians and African-Americans, have not perceived the past few decades through the lens of a narrative of decline.

As a result, I'd expect that Trump would receive ~20% of the Hispanic vote.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2016, 01:36:21 PM »

He'll lose with them by ~74-25% or so.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length