The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:43:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival  (Read 239048 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: November 07, 2014, 07:38:44 AM »

Young people in politics, especially when they're teenagers, are pretty universally terrible

Why is it terrible? Young people are a being a traditionally disenfranchised group. They don't see politicians addressing them or their issues. They don't feel cared about or efficacious in the system. So they don't vote. They get screwed over as a result (see education costs, the reversal of elder vs. youth poverty in the past 40 years). At a systemic level this hurts progressives more than conservatives, especially as Millennials tend to be more Democratic at the moment. Also, I'm not at all convinced being young makes you less politically intelligent per se, compared to an equally inexperienced / educated older person.

Yes, old white men are terrible politicians too and young people are screwed over on a regular basis by politicians etc., but 'young people in politics' generally tend to be (overgeneralizing some, but whatever) (a) doltish, entitled and disconnected rich sons/daughters of (like Saira Blair or our Biebertrudeau), (b) weird freaks of the kind who wear suits to class on a regular basis and speak like 60-year old congressmen, (c) sociopathic weirdos (Geoffroy Didier and Guillaume Peltier), (d) dumb empty-suits reciting bland and empty talking points (THE NEW POLITICS) which the media/public loves because 'muh rising star' or 'muh young talents!' (Niki Ashton, Biebertrudeau), (e) annoying student-activist types (be they the student True Leftist, the student granolamuncher or the student conservative/libertarian), (f) clean-shaven and well-dressed party hacks regurgitating dogma and serving no purpose whatsoever (the FN's young'uns or most young Tory MPs in Canada) and/or (g) random milquetoast and generic young backbenchers elected by chance and who don't do anything productive (most QC NDP MPs). And, yes, there's overlap in my categories (and excludes objectively horrible ones like the FN's cohorts of young fascists like Panzermiss)

In pictures, I have people like this in mind:

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 07:19:08 PM »

Dreamt that I hooked up with a mermaid that had human genitalia. Second dream involved taking the virginity of one of my best (female) friends. This isn't good.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 01:38:13 PM »

Came here to post this Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 11:06:32 AM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 05:51:30 PM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 04:23:08 PM »

Context
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 04:35:38 PM »

He unfriended me?!?! After I wished him a Happy New Year?! well f[inks] him too Angry
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 03:28:30 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205921.0
This thread completely Tongue.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 07:04:39 PM »

Why would the great (and entirely crazy, but that's honestly part of the appeal) nation of Italy want to annex that famously dull and notoriously boorish suburb?

This.

If anything, Staten Island should be returned to the ocean.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 05:44:43 PM »

I'm a big fan. It carries the upside possibility of wiping out all life on earth, which would be great since there would be less awful, awful people.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 03:23:57 PM »

Dem results:

Clinton 60
Biden 14
Warren 12
Sanders 5
O'Malley 1
Webb 1

So since PPP's last Wisconsin poll in April 2014, Emailgate has made Hillary gain 3 points. HAHAHA

But...but...but...this was teh worst scandal ever! It would DESTROY HER!!!!!!!! HOW CAN THIS BE!!!111111!!!!!??!?!?!?!? This must be skewed. Clearly the group that conducted push polls for Warren is biased in favor of Hillary. It's the only explanation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies