A Fairer Iranian Options Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:59:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  A Fairer Iranian Options Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What should we do with Iran if it tries to acquire nuclear weapons?
Contain it as we did the Soviet Union

Aerial bombardment

Aerial bombardment with tactical nukes

Full-scale military invasion and occupation

Absolutely nothing, and hope for the best

Other -plz specify

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: A Fairer Iranian Options Thread  (Read 3888 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: April 13, 2006, 01:57:58 PM »

Option 1 combined with an attempt to kick-start the revolution there - remember kids, the Iranian people spontaneously lit candles and had rallies in support of the United States after 9/11. Unlike those f***ers in Pakistan or Palestine who cheered it on...
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 05:41:13 PM »

Option 1 combined with an attempt to kick-start the revolution there - remember kids, the Iranian people spontaneously lit candles and had rallies in support of the United States after 9/11. Unlike those f***ers in Pakistan or Palestine who cheered it on...

That generation doesn't know the United States very well after 25 years of isolation, and because they have a different oppressor closer to home are under the mistaken impression that the american empire is, relatively speaking, their buddy.

*sighs*

If the American Left ever wonders why they have such trouble winning elections... Roll Eyes
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 03:48:42 PM »

That generation doesn't know the United States very well after 25 years of isolation, and because they have a different oppressor closer to home are under the mistaken impression that the american empire is, relatively speaking, their buddy.
*sighs*
If the American Left ever wonders why they have such trouble winning elections... Roll Eyes
To be fair, WMS, opebo is rather less sane than your typical leftist (which says a lot, quite frankly).

Good point. Wink Let me change "Left" to "Left-Wing" Grin

As WMS has said, it makes  a hell of a lot of sense to finance refomrers on the ground.

Thanks for the support Smiley and if there is one thing we Americans are good at, it's exploting internal divisions in other countries Wink
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 04:43:17 PM »

*sighs*
To be fair, WMS, opebo is rather less sane than your typical leftist (which says a lot, quite frankly).

Good point. Wink Let me change "Left" to "Left-Wing" Grin

As WMS has said, it makes  a hell of a lot of sense to finance refomrers on the ground.

Thanks for the support Smiley and if there is one thing we Americans are good at, it's exploting internal divisions in other countries Wink
Opebo's statement's somewhat callous, but probably includes quite a bit of truth, you know? Unlike the "celebrate" part. Nobody worth mentioning "celebrated" ... though not everybody was overwhelmed with grief, obviously. But then, that's just as true in Europe, South America, etc.
We've been ready to bury the hatchet with the Iranians for a long time now, and so are most of their people, but the mullahs running Iran aren't. And I stand by "celebrate" - I was paying a LOT of attention to non-American reactions to 9/11 at the time, and the Palestinians cheered, along with a lot of the Pakistanis. I also remember Arafat getting really worried about how that looked and him publicly donating blood for 9/11 victims, too. I give credit where credit is due - Cuba, Libya, and Syria all condemned the attack. But I remember who celebrated, too...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies