Harry Reid brutally attacks Mitt Romney, says he has tarnished Mormonism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:40:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Harry Reid brutally attacks Mitt Romney, says he has tarnished Mormonism
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Harry Reid brutally attacks Mitt Romney, says he has tarnished Mormonism  (Read 1848 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 03:57:35 PM »

This entire forum has gone from 2012 Election to Negative Mitt Romney threads.

This whole election has gone from a forum of ideas to negative Mitt Romney gaffes. Don't blame the posters for following the mood.
I blame the forums for the lack of objectivism, thought and rational thinking.  2012 US Presidential Election should be '2012 Bash Governor Romney' and find all the negative things to say about Romney and having pro-Obama rhetoric spewing mindless drivel.

Winfield and Politico are doing their part with anti-Obama threads.

You're right that there's not much positive or constructive rhetoric going around.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 04:04:03 PM »

Harry Reid has quickly become one of my favorite politicians. We need more fighters like him leading the party.

I thought you liked it when Democrats won elections Huh ...

Harry Reid is in large part responsible for turning Nevada in a lean to solid blue state.   [into a wasteland]

Fixed.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2012, 04:38:30 PM »

Politico, stop fixing posts and fix your brain, please.

___

Harry Raid is one of my favourite senators (probably my favourite) before and after 2010. Reid and Biden would make a great Presidential ticket. Unelectable. But great.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »

As has been said on the news show circuits

"Harry Reid is a dirty liar."

With Reid's statements against Romney, Reid will be lucky if the Mormon Church doesn't excommuniate him for committing libellous slander.

Reid has done more than any Mormon to tarnish Mormonism.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2012, 08:49:23 PM »

With Reid's statements against Romney, Reid will be lucky if the Mormon Church doesn't excommuniate him for committing libellous slander.

This.

Reid allowed his jealousy at the prospect of another Mormon trumping his public achievements to cause him to make the most vile lie in recent history.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2012, 08:57:20 PM »

This.

Reid allowed his jealousy at the prospect of another Mormon trumping his public achievements to cause him to make the most vile lie in recent history.
Yeah, this is way worse than the "Obama is a Kenyan Muslim Communist" lie.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2012, 09:21:34 PM »

This.

You'll have to excuse me for holding the Senate Majority Leader to higher standards than shock jocks.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2012, 09:25:16 PM »

This.

You'll have to excuse me for holding the Senate Majority Leader to higher standards than shock jocks.

There's no reasonable definition by which Harry Reid could have made 'the most vile lie in recent history'.

Also, being a failing Presidential candidate, or even a venal and plutocratic President who acts like an aloof European oligarch of old, does not trump being a reasonably successful Senate Majority Leader who's liked within his caucus.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2012, 09:41:06 PM »

Harry Reid has quickly become one of my favorite politicians. We need more fighters like him leading the party.

Too bad he didn't bother to fight when he actually had power.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2012, 09:43:56 PM »

Harry Reid is an embarrassment to the Mormon church.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2012, 10:29:29 PM »

a reasonably successful Senate Majority Leader who's liked within his caucus.

Well, if Senate Democrats like being led by a dirty liar, and if Reid's caucus likes having a dirty liar as the top Dem in the Senate, then more power to 'em I say.   

BigSkyBob

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2012, 10:38:44 PM »

With Reid's statements against Romney, Reid will be lucky if the Mormon Church doesn't excommunicate him for committing libellous slander.

I'm sure that is Reid's game plan.  I would think the church is smart enough to see through his ploy.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 10:46:57 PM »

With Reid's statements against Romney, Reid will be lucky if the Mormon Church doesn't excommunicate him for committing libellous slander.

This.

There's no reasonable definition by which Harry Reid could have made 'the most vile lie in recent history'.

I would say that Obama's claim that our enemy in Afghanistan is not the Taliban is the most vile lie in recent months. It was an insult to the families of the hundreds of young Americans sent home in body bags courtesy of the Taliban, and to the intelligence of the American people. How stupid does he think we are? After running in 2008 as the advocate of the good war in Afghanistan--as opposed to the evil George Bush whom allowed Iraq to become a distraction--whom promised the American people he would finish what Bush failed to complete, how can be plausibly say "Just kidding" after purposely escalating the conflict?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 11:15:02 PM »

If they didn't excommunicate Reid for supporting gay marriage, they ain't going to excommunicate him now.

Plus, Reid is right, Romney is and should not be the face of Mormonism. He's a disgusting, wealth-venerating plutocrat who cares only for money and power, and if politically conservative LDS people took the admonitions in the Book of Mormon seriously, they'd realize that he's a representative of only the mighty and the proud who speak vilely towards the poor.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 11:27:07 PM »

You obviously failed to see, or at least listen to, the RNC where some members of Romney's church gave some very emotional and sincere accounts of Romney's compassionate and completely selfless service to those in need, the sick, the poor, the dying, and how he helped pull individuals and families through their times of hardship.

That is the real Mitt Romney.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 11:30:34 PM »

You obviously failed to see, or at least listen to, the RNC where some members of Romney's church gave some very emotional and sincere accounts of Romney's compassionate and completely selfless service to those in need, the sick, the poor, the dying, and how he helped pull individuals and families through their times of hardship.

There's also the ruthless businessman and heartless jerk Romney; that's as much Mitt Romney as his compassion.

And I say that as a member of his church who's looked into some of his actions as bishop. He wasn't even always a nice guy with that.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 11:56:08 PM »

There's also the ruthless businessman and heartless jerk Romney; that's as much Mitt Romney as his compassion.

And I say that as a member of his church who's looked into some of his actions as bishop. He wasn't even always a nice guy with that.

What'd he do as bishop? Out of the various Romneys I'm probably least familiar with Bishop Romney.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2012, 04:33:06 AM »

What'd he do as bishop? Out of the various Romneys I'm probably least familiar with Bishop Romney.

One of the more comprehensive articles I've found on the subject -
http://www.alternet.org/belief/mitt-romneys-role-mormon-bishop-shows-his-extremist-religious-beliefs
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2012, 05:16:42 AM »

I think Mormonism tarnishes itself quite well on its own.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies