University of Tennessee defunds "Sex Week" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:06:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  University of Tennessee defunds "Sex Week" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: University of Tennessee defunds "Sex Week"  (Read 4026 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: March 21, 2013, 12:29:04 PM »

This story is just plain bizarre

By Todd Starnes

Organizers of the University of Tennessee’s first-ever “Sex Week” will have to find a new source of funding after embattled university officials reversed course and announced they will not fund the controversial program with state tax dollars.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 12:53:55 PM »

Prude country.  Of course the fact that a 'sex week' is needed/attempted is evidence of the underlying prudery just as much as the fact that is has been quashed.

Yeah, this is what I agree with.....I mean c'mon, by colllege these kids need training.  Jesus.  Prude country indeed!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 10:54:57 AM »

I agree with opebo.  In the end, this is just prudery.  America is so immature when it comes to sex it's unbelievable. 

How is it "prudery" to say that you don't want to pay for other people's sex classes?  Will you send me a check to pay for part of an oral sex class?  How does $5 sound?  That's not too much.... I'm sure you can afford it.

If you really need the instruction, Inks, I'll send you a check. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »

I agree with opebo.  In the end, this is just prudery.  America is so immature when it comes to sex it's unbelievable. 

How is it "prudery" to say that you don't want to pay for other people's sex classes?  Will you send me a check to pay for part of an oral sex class?  How does $5 sound?  That's not too much.... I'm sure you can afford it.

If you really need the instruction, Inks, I'll send you a check. 

I just want to see if the people in this thread will put their money where their mouth is.  (and yes, the pun was intended)

It probably costs the school more to bring in a recycled old rock band but this is the strangest story I've seen in a while.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 03:54:41 PM »

I agree with opebo.  In the end, this is just prudery.  America is so immature when it comes to sex it's unbelievable.  

How is it "prudery" to say that you don't want to pay for other people's sex classes?  Will you send me a check to pay for part of an oral sex class?  How does $5 sound?  That's not too much.... I'm sure you can afford it.

We publicly fund all sorts of education!  This is a public institution.  Sex Week certainly sounds like it would be more useful and productive than a lot of the other classes that your tax dollars pay for.  This would probably be a lot of fun, too!  Nonetheless, a few prudes get skirmish about it and there's no way it can be done.  Because, you know, a lot of people don't approve of sex... which is inherently pretty stupid. 

So will you send me $5?

Whatever!  Just don't go spending it on a foot-long at the Subway. 

Wait, oral on a foot-long.......whoa!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies