Should we consider IA and OH lean Republican states in the 2020 election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:11:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Should we consider IA and OH lean Republican states in the 2020 election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Should we consider IA and OH lean Republican states in the 2020 election?  (Read 2134 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 22, 2017, 07:21:57 AM »

Safe R, guys!!! This state is safely Republican! It has always voted Republican and will always vote Republican!!!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 07:32:37 AM »

It's weird so many on this forum think Iowa is "safe R" now. Why? Any Democratic messaging that wins back the industrial areas of Ohio return to fold will them back in Iowa as well, and the rural swing was because the state had it's worst fall in farmland value since the crisis of the 1980s rather then some creeping ultraconservatism. Are people just not interested in looking past 2016?

A few posters on a similar thread have given the usual lazy excuse of "white rural" causing the swing somehow, and I recall one even said that because Nebraska also has corn Iowa must be Republican. Roll Eyes
Because this state and others in the Midwest are now starting to like and buy the argument of you vs. them( Being a visible minority, LGBT, immigrate).  The only way to counter that is to go back on some of those positions, which would destroy what apathetic support these groups have for the party left.

Roll Eyes
Sorry, I don't subscribe to the notion that these people are going to vote for a progressive agenda which features social justice for all Americans.  

Roll Eyes
So I'll just assume that since you just keep posting that, you have no counter argument against what I'm saying.
Look, all I'm saying is that the Midwest tends to be swingy, oscillating between the two parties. We should give up on Iowa just because it voted for Trump, when it voted Democratic in all but one election between 1988 and 2012? Wisconsin and Michigan, which voted Dem in all but one election in that period? This somewhat ignorant of the political history of the region, and not good political strategy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies