2014 Senatorial endorsements page now up (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:34:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2014 Senatorial endorsements page now up (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2014 Senatorial endorsements page now up  (Read 3604 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: September 18, 2014, 12:09:58 AM »

Oh, I guess we're posting them in this thread then.

Alabama - Prof. Victor Sanchez Williams for President 2016. Common sense.
Maine - This was a tough decision since Bellows seems pretty cool, but I think Collins probably deserves re-election.
Mississippi - Because I think Cochran may pull a Murkowski and vote more moderately now that Dems saved his ass, as opposed to Childers who would be positioning the exact opposite way to try to get re-elected.
South Dakota - Pressler stands a better chance against Rounds one on one than Weiland does.
Tennessee - Dem candidate is a joke, and Alexander hasn't been too bad considering it's Tennessee.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 12:55:52 PM »

Why is Lamar Alexander the only overall endorsed Republican, and not Susan Collins?
Is it because of him himself? Or is the Democrat, Gordon Ball, hated by his party's base?

1) Split between Ball and the Green Party candidate since Ball is a joke.
2) Collins tends to be the outlet for most of the frustration with moderate heroism (same with Pryor, I'm pretty surprised he's leading and not the Green)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 07:02:08 PM »

Why is Lamar Alexander the only overall endorsed Republican, and not Susan Collins?
Is it because of him himself? Or is the Democrat, Gordon Ball, hated by his party's base?

2) Collins tends to be the outlet for most of the frustration with moderate heroism (same with Pryor, I'm pretty surprised he's leading and not the Green)

Tennessee Democrats in general seem to be very strange and thus quite unpopular, don't they?

Yes, they're dumbs.

Looking at past endorsements, Corker was the only Republican Atlas endorsed in 2012 (well, technically it was a tie with the Green Party candidate, but whatever). Funnily enough, in 2006 Atlas endorsed Olympia Snowe by an even bigger margin than she won re-election by.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 10:30:03 PM »

I don't dislike Pryor for Moderate Heroism. I dislike him because he's so, well, mediocre. He's an overweight, overprivileged frat boy who rode in on the horse his daddy rode out on. And his 4th grade Sunday School class views on evolution have no place in the Democratic Party.

Tom Cotton is more conservative than I am but I'd probably vote for him if I lived in Arkansas. He's intelligent, well-educated and served his country honorably.

Doesn't Cotton have the same beliefs on evolution?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 12:11:02 AM »

I don't dislike Pryor for Moderate Heroism. I dislike him because he's so, well, mediocre. He's an overweight, overprivileged frat boy who rode in on the horse his daddy rode out on. And his 4th grade Sunday School class views on evolution have no place in the Democratic Party.

Tom Cotton is more conservative than I am but I'd probably vote for him if I lived in Arkansas. He's intelligent, well-educated and served his country honorably.

Doesn't Cotton have the same beliefs on evolution?

Indie is gonna indie...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You both should read what he said.

I did read it. So Pryor's beliefs on evolution make him a HP, but Cotton's (presumably) identical beliefs are fine just because there's a different letter in parentheses after his name? That makes no sense whatsoever.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 01:58:40 AM »

Does anyone actually know Cotton's stand on evolution/creationism? I admit I didn't look it up and just automatically assumed it was identical or worse than Pryor's since he's a Republican and it's Arkansas, but I can't find anything about it through googling.

If it does end up being the same, bashing Pryor for it and then praising Cotton in the next sentence is a bit like talking about how Steve Stockman is an insane nutjob then in the next sentence waxing poetic about the virtues of Louie Gohmert. If it isn't the same, I fully retract my comments.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies