Worst US State (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:26:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Worst US State (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst US State  (Read 31506 times)
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« on: July 25, 2004, 08:54:10 PM »

Worst = Utah.  Those Mormons have some strange ideas.  They live in this black and white, Norman Rockwell suburban fantasy land.  Civil liberties are not a priority for these folks.  Order is.

Idaho = second worst.  Not just full of racist, neo-Nazi kooks, but also way too cold.

Texas third, it is full of cowboys, but at least it is warm there.  It's not all bad, just mostly.  

freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 01:35:45 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Idaho = second worst.  Not just full of racist, neo-Nazi kooks, but also way too cold.

Did I fail to mention that the people who live there are haters and are extremely rude?  See why you don't want to live there?  It's not just the cold air.  It's the people.  Trust me, it sucks really bad.  Avoid at all costs!

freedomburns  
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 01:43:23 AM »

Well, I can only speak from experience.  They were nice enough to me when I was there, but extremely rude to every person of color that I have spoken to who passed through or lived there.  I can't cotton with that kind of attitude.  Boise is the worst.  I can tolerate anything except intolerence.  I am only prejudiced against predjudiced people.

freedomburns
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 02:02:25 AM »

Census stats for Idaho 2000:  

White persons, percent, 2000 (a) 91.0%   USA - 75.1%
  Black  persons, percent, 2000 (a) 0.4%     USA - 12.3%
  Asian persons, percent, 2000 (a) 0.9%      USA - 3.6%
  Hispannic origin, percent, 2000 (b) 7.9%    USA - 12.5%

You think it's just random that ZERO POINT FOUR percent of the population is black??  I am thinking that I am right about this state more and more.

freedomburns
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 02:09:40 AM »

In my county, Alameda:

White persons, percent, 2000 (a) 48.8%    USA - 75.1%
Black  persons, percent, 2000 (a) 14.9%    USA - 12.3%
Asian persons, percent, 2000 (a) 20.4%     USA - 3.6%
Hispanic origin, percent, 2000 (b) 19.0%     USA - 12.5%

Diversity rules!  Racist a**holes suck!!

freedomburns
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 02:03:09 AM »

LOL  LOL

Your problem, my good sir, is that you are provincial.  I have traveled the world.  I have visited all of the continents and lived on three of them for more than two years.  I have visited most of the states in the union and lived on both coasts for extended periods.  My travels, and my extensive life experience leads me to assiduously avoid persons of your character as well as localities which espouse the aberrant politics and overt racism that yours does.  

SR, you can’t argue with numbers.  Undoubtedly the reason for why ZERO POINT FOUR percent of the population of ID is black is because they don’t want to live somewhere where they are made to feel SO extremely unwelcome.  That attitude is backwards, racist, small-minded and totally lame.  If there were any question that the people from ID tend toward ignorance and meanness, then this gentleman’s hostile postings should allay any uncertainty in that regard.

I have a few good friends from ID.  They come and visit me in CA and they stay at my house.  They are the exceptions to the rule, as there can be little doubt that most people from ID hate people from CA. My friends are extremely well mannered.  They always graciously invite me to allow them to reciprocate by having me stay with them while I visit them in ID.  I always try not to break into outright laughter or smirk, but to be equally gracious in declining their offer.

LOL

I am so glad that I have learned to trust my own judgment on these matters.

freedomburns
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 02:17:50 AM »

SR, you can’t argue with numbers.  Undoubtedly the reason for why ZERO POINT FOUR percent of the population of ID is black is because they don’t want to live somewhere where they are made to feel SO extremely unwelcome.  That attitude is backwards, racist, small-minded and totally lame.  If there were any question that the people from ID tend toward ignorance and meanness, then this gentleman’s hostile postings should allay any uncertainty in that regard.

I disagree. Quit blaming everyone else. Maybe blacks don't want to live in Idaho.

And WHY exactly would that be SR?  Do you have a better theory than the fact that ID is filled with racist, neo-Nazi ideologues?  Because it is.

You have every right to disagree.  I just wish you had some good reason for disagreeing.  You don't.  You just seem to be repeating the point that I am making.

freedomburns
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 02:59:19 AM »
« Edited: July 29, 2004, 03:01:35 AM by FreedomBurns »

Now THAT was a good argument.  And there probably is something to what you say.  Mississippi is in the Deep South where all of the slaves were.  But if I were African American I would be in a big hurry to get away from the places where apartheid and Jim Crow are deeply ingrained in the culture.

I would move far away, even somewhere cold if I could find an open, egalitarian culture of tolerance and acceptance.  I don't think it's just Idaho.  Oregon can be just as bad in the wrong parts.  But Idaho might be the worst.  

As far as neo-Nazi's, I only know what I have heard and read about all of the Aryan Nation's marches through downtown Coeur d´Alene.  And again I fall back on statistics which are really hard to massage and interpret any other way.  I mean come on.  Zero Point Four percent??  I mean really.

I don’t think all rednecks are racists.  Just the ones that wear caps and drive domestic pickups.  Wink

Did you know that 30% of the old time cowboys were black?  I didn't either.  Hmm.

freedomburns

bedtime for gonzo...
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 08:05:14 PM »

I love people who disagree with me because it makes me think about my ideals and question whether they are rooted in a good philosophy.  That's the difference between us.  I appreciate other people's ideas and opinions.  If it weren't for a diversity of viewpoints, America would not be the great country that it is.

You're right, I am making assumptions about you, and for that I apologize.  I just assumed that if you had traveled extensively you would have seen a lot of nice places and had the good sense to settle yourself in one of them.  My mistake.  Again, I apologize.  

I understand.  No problem.  I know that it can be unsettling for some people to have a cherished set of beliefs questioned.  We will have to agree to disagree.  I have spent time in Idaho.  If you enjoy it there, well, more power to you.  That's probably where you belong.  I should not criticize a place that I have only visited once, right?  

Again, I must apologize for my assumptions.  I was unaware of this growth in the black population as I do not have access to statistics more current than the 2000 US Census Report.  I think it's great that the Idahoans managed to convince another black person to move there.  That makes what?  Three now?  So that would be zero point six percent?  Terrific!  A fifty percent improvement!  Keep up the good work!

I do not claim to always be right.  That is your assumption about me.  I am only offering my point of view, and unlike some, I am always willing to listen to opposing points of view with an open mind and a willingness to modify or change my opinions if I can be convinced of a better way.

freedomburns
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2004, 09:29:12 PM »

You have never accepted an opposing view from me, but I don't care.  Truce?

Truce.  Gladly.  Before I say anything else that's even more stupider than I already have...

*Hand extended in sincere gesture of consiliation.*

I haven't had the oportunity to debate anything with you except which is the lousiest state.  Not necessarily the most burning and crucial question for maintaining the health of the union...

freedomburns
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies