How Americans view Sino-Japanese ties! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 07:03:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  How Americans view Sino-Japanese ties! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Americans view Sino-Japanese ties!  (Read 2901 times)
v0031
China
« on: April 16, 2005, 03:25:57 AM »

Recently,relationship between Asia's two most powerful countries,China and Japan become so tight!
Japan's deny of it infamous aggressive history in 1937-1945 has triggered nationwide rage in China!
99% of Chinese are strongly opposed to Japan's entry into UNSC.
Japan has a lot of money and most important, it is supported by US. So it is a matter of time for Jp to enter the UNSC.
However, I do damn this evil and war-like nation which killed tens of thousands of Chinese civilians and so eager to wage a war  again!
v0031
China
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 07:37:10 PM »

Recently,relationship between Asia's two most powerful countries,China and Japan become so tight!
Japan's deny of it infamous aggressive history in 1937-1945 has triggered nationwide rage in China!
99% of Chinese are strongly opposed to Japan's entry into UNSC.
Japan has a lot of money and most important, it is supported by US. So it is a matter of time for Jp to enter the UNSC.
However, I do damn this evil and war-like nation which killed tens of thousands of Chinese civilians and so eager to wage a war  again!

I think you are falling victim to some extent to your government's propaganda.

I think that over time, people who do well are those who are able to let go of past issues when circumstances change, and even become friends with their former enemies.

Japan attacked the US, and there was tremendous hatred of Japan and the Japanese in the US.  Yet in time, Japan became a friend, and there is no longer such anti-Japanese feeling.

Japan has changed, and is today a peaceful country, albeit one that does not wish to admit the sins of its past.  There is no chance that Japan would initiate a war on China.  To be honest, I think there is more danger over the long term of military aggression by China than by Japan.

V0031, how do you feel about Vietnam, and whether that country poses a threat to you?

When Japan is powerful than the US, the so-called ally will come to its end!
Vietnam to China is what Cuba to the US!
v0031
China
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 09:12:04 PM »

Japan has never been more powerful than the US, besides the fact that Japan has very little military to speak of.

Are you sure? Sir.
Did British predict that American would become the superpower?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies