Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:16:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 373276 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2010, 11:09:37 AM »

It looks like we're going to go shopping Friday evening instead of Saturday.

I have made a note of this on my calendar. Let me know if anything changes.

BRTD! I thought u were cool!!! apparantly you  are not!!! do not be rude to bushok

James, that's not BRTD, it's Mr. Moderate!!  Two different people.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2010, 11:25:58 AM »

It looks like we're going to go shopping Friday evening instead of Saturday.

I have made a note of this on my calendar. Let me know if anything changes.

Oh you know I will!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2010, 10:52:51 PM »

We are going to get the ring tomorrow evening, but as I said before, she will not get it on her finger until the second half of May.  We will be unofficially engaged tomorrow night as the ring is a pretty big investment, although i will never put a price on our relationship and our love for each other.  As for Tiffanye's ring, I am trying to find a reputable pawn shop, if there is such a thing, and try to get some money back on it.  The reason for buying Susan's ring now even before we get engaged is so I can have it paid off before we get married so don't have to enter into the bonds of holy matrimony with that bit of debt.  The only debt I wiant to enter the marriage with is my student loan, my mortgage, and as little of a credit card balance as possible.  That is another thing I am going to try to work on in the next year is try to pay down my credit card as much as i can, because i will probably have to use it to pay for a lot of the wedding.

Through the advice of my mother, I am also going to try to lose weight even though Susan can't really lose weight because her medication makes her hungry all the time.  I will admit I have been careless the past month and I have gained about 8 pounds, ballooning back to near 260.  Even if she can't lose weight medically, I can, and it would no doubt improve my health and even improve the intimacy.

Even though I am 260 and have been above 250 for pretty much the last year or more, my health is holding up fairly suprisingly.  The only thing that is of some concern is my high blood pressure which is well under control thanks to medication.  In fact, with the medication, I am down to a slightly higher than normal blood pressure, but not anywhere near the stage 2 hypertension I was approaching at the end of 2008.

I'm not looking for any health tips from the forum as you have given them to me many times over the last couple years or more and I know what I must do.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2010, 11:01:25 PM »

We went and purchased the ring tonight, a beautiful 14 karat white gold diamond ring.  We're going to pick it up next Saturday.  She also wants me to propose to her the same evening!!!  So, engagement will begin on Saturday, April 3, 2010.  I was going to wait until May to give her more time to get ready, but she told me on the way home tonight that she wants none of this unofficially engaged business, she wants to make it official right away.  Now, the wedding is still a year away minimum, possibly 2 years.  She wants to take care of her ailing mother and grandmother before we get married.

Now, before you bash me over the head again yelling "too soon", hold your fire and be respectful in your remarks, please.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2010, 07:08:53 PM »

So the wedding date is next April?  lol

Like I said, Toyota approves.

Yes, we are looking at probably Saturday, April 2, 2011 so it can still be in the Easter season which is 3 weeks later, without intruding too much on Easter.

Not even waiting until late April?  Damn son. 

We would, but April 24 is Easter Sunday AND my Grandmother's 85th Birthday and April 29 is my 29th Birthday.  So, to keep an Easter ceremony it will either be April 2 or April 9.  April 16 would be too late to get back into town after the honeymoon before Easter and my Grandma's 85th birthday celebration.  Now, we will not do a March wedding because it wouldn't seem like Easter as April would.

Why not take a day off work and make it April 1st?

I don't want to take any chance of "I do.....April Fools!!"  I will take March 31 and April 1 off anyway to prepare for the Saturday ceremony and then take off the first half of April for the honeymoon.

But you love holidays...

You should make the entire ceremony a series of pranks and post it on YouTube.  It would be even bigger than the first couple that did Thriller as their first dance.

Right, so why not create another holiday that's unique to us?

Don't be silly; only Hallmark gets to create holidays.

They create holidays for an entire group of people.  We can create our own specific special day.  It won't be a national holiday, but it will be a holiday for two people.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2010, 07:14:19 PM »

Now, before you bash me over the head again yelling "too soon", hold your fire and be respectful in your remarks, please.

I am not going to bash you for moving too fast.  But surely you can understand why so many of us are laughing at some of your commentary, given how you keep giving us updates on your engagement timeline that shift every week, where at each point you say something like "Oh yeah, I'm waiting until September, to go earlier than that would be rushing it", then a week later you're saying something like "Oh yeah, I'm waiting until July, to go earlier than that would be rushing it".

I mean, for goodness sake, you yourself said that you "respect her too much" to propose earlier than August.  Then, 11 days later, you're talking about proposing in May or June.  And you keep making statements like that, and then backing out of them.  Given that, should it really be any surprise that so many people are making jokes about your marriage timeline in this thread?

I know, there's a bit of hypocrisy in there, unintentional.  Each of the timeline advancements were a result of getting deeper and farther along into this relationship.  She and I both feel real comfortable each other and both feel that this is the right time.  It won't be a complete suprise to her since she really was the one who asked me to propose to her when the ring comes in, but the thing she doesn't know is the "how".  We have both agreed that the wedding will be at least a year away.  Famous last words, but as of now, we don't see a 2010 wedding.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2010, 09:57:56 PM »

She just called about 40 minutes ago and she is super excited about Saturday!!  Again, she knows what's going to happen, she just doesn't know how it's going to happen.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »

Thanks!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2010, 12:01:30 AM »

She just called about 40 minutes ago and she is super excited about Saturday!!  Again, she knows what's going to happen, she just doesn't know how it's going to happen.
awwww Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Thanks, Annie!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2010, 10:31:05 PM »

Co-planning your boyfriend's proposal plan so you can say no would an amazingly evil way to break up with somebody.

LOL!!  And, as it stands right now, we are 1 year 90 minutes from our wedding day, which is Saturday, April 2, 2011!!  That could change, but that's where it is right now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2010, 07:22:23 AM »

Co-planning your boyfriend's proposal plan so you can say no would an amazingly evil way to break up with somebody.

LOL!!  And, as it stands right now, we are 1 year 90 minutes from our wedding day, which is Saturday, April 2, 2011!!  That could change, but that's where it is right now.

So July 2010 then?

To risk eating my words, we wouldn't be ready by then.  We're thinking definitely a 2011 wedding, or, possibly an Easter 2012 wedding.  We have several of things we need to discuss and plan on before we enter into marriage.  Marriage will happen, but we need to figure out how to take care of her ailing mother and grandmother which won't be an overnight decision.  Plus, while we want a small, intimate wedding, we don't want to skimp on it, because this will be the only wedding of our lives as we are going to remove the word divorce from our vocabulary.  i think we can get it done by Easter 2011, but we'll see.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2010, 11:01:17 PM »

Does BushOK's sect of Christianity believe that engaged people can live in the same house? Or is that still sinful?

Yes on the second question.

You need to be married for five years to move in together and even then, you have to sleep in separately in twin beds for five additional years.

No, on the night after the wedding it's perfectly acceptable and even encouraged.  If you don't live together right after the wedding, temptation can set in.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2010, 08:30:19 AM »

To risk eating my words, we wouldn't be ready by then.  We're thinking definitely a 2011 wedding, or, possibly an Easter 2012 wedding.  We have several of things we need to discuss and plan on before we enter into marriage.  Marriage will happen, but we need to figure out how to take care of her ailing mother and grandmother which won't be an overnight decision.  Plus, while we want a small, intimate wedding, we don't want to skimp on it, because this will be the only wedding of our lives as we are going to remove the word divorce from our vocabulary.  i think we can get it done by Easter 2011, but we'll see.

Like what? Perhaps getting to know each other a bit?

That, and how we're going to take care of her mother and grandmother is the main thing.  That's not going to be an overnight decision.  We have floated around two or three ideas, but we aren't anywhere close to a decision.

Plus, I want to have the ring paid off before we get married, which should happen.  I also want to either get more stable in my job with another year under my belt or get into a higher-paying position where I have the chance to move up.  On top of that, I need to learn housekeeping.  I'm defintely not going to expect my wife to do all the cleaning, I am going to help her out.  I will also probably be the main cook in the house as neither of us know how to cook, really, and I am probably farther along than she is.  I am going to have my mother and grandmother teach me over the next year, as I don't want Burger King cooking for us every night.

My mother, dad, and grandmother are all in favor of this as is her mother, so we're good there.  They like the waiting a year part the best.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2010, 08:37:09 AM »

Since you posted a pic of Tiffanye, you gonna post a pic of the Mrs. Bushie-to-be?

I plan on putting it and a pic of the ring on facebook at least.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2010, 11:46:54 AM »

I just picked up the ring and have it ready to give to her here in a little over 3 hours!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2010, 11:55:36 AM »

I just picked up the ring and have it ready to give to her here in a little over 3 hours!!

YOU CAN STILL BACK OFF!

Haha, not on your life!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2010, 01:49:33 PM »

The activities begin in 12 minutes at 2:00, with the actual question coming around 3:30ish!!!  Tonight when I get home, I will update facebook first, then on Atlas.  I may not be home until around 8:00 CT, so it'll be a few hours, yet!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2010, 07:37:13 PM »

We are officially engaged to be married!!  The tentative date is set for Saturday, April 2, 2011, 52 weeks from today!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2010, 08:57:21 PM »

Maybe we can all pitch in for Mechaman to drive down and run a lifefeed of the event.  I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find in the local papers.

Only if there is alcohol and teenagers at this event.

Sorry, the only alcohol will be either white or pink champagne as the toast and maybe a Dr. Pepper-type punch Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2010, 03:07:52 PM »

Maybe we can all pitch in for Mechaman to drive down and run a lifefeed of the event.  I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find in the local papers.

Only if there is alcohol and teenagers at this event.

We can arrange that if you agree to go.

Alright broskies.
If I'm not doing anything on April 2nd, 2011 I'll consider it.

You mean you haven't made plans, yet?  That's only 362 days away!! chop chop!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2010, 05:33:43 PM »

If you don't post her photo here before April 6, I'll assume she's not existing and that's all a joke.

Sincerely,
Kalwejt

Look on facebook
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2010, 06:06:44 PM »

Isn't it 'livefeed'?  Lifefeed sounds like Soylent Green.

By the way I only visited this thread because it was referenced in Comedy Goalmine.

yeah typo. 

Opie made a typo, it's the Comedy GOLDmine, not the Comedy GOALmine!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2010, 09:45:47 PM »

If you don't post her photo here before April 6, I'll assume she's not existing and that's all a joke.

Sincerely,
Kalwejt

Look on facebook

Hell, man, I don't even know what is your name.

You won't escape the questions by cleaver dodging. Oh no, Mr., these times are gone.

Since you MADE that PUBLIC, we have a RIGHT to KNOW what is she looks like.

Have integrity!

Name is Jeff Brown in the Northwestern OSU network on facebook.  Find me and friend me and either give me your name here or put your Atlas name (Kalwejt) on your friend request and you'll see the pics.  I don't reject friend requests from the Forum, so you'll be fine.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2010, 09:55:52 PM »

Joe, just for you, here ya go Smiley

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2010, 07:20:31 PM »

I've been battling a friggin' cold or severe allergies this week that have kept me from my fiancee' since Sunday. Sad  I have talked to her, though, and she is doing great!!  If my cold lets up, we are going to watch a movie with my parents Friday evening and then I'm going to take her for ice cream after the movie.  Sunday, we'll go to church in the morning and in the evening.  My pastor, who is going to marry us, is going to meet with us Sunday evening before church and help us chart out the road map for the next 51 weeks.

Our good friend Brooke, who put us together, has volunteered to help us plan the wedding which will be of tremendous benefit!!

We want a small wedding, but we don't want to shortchange ourselves, though.  However, since I and my parents will be footing most of the bill for the wedding, we will save money where we can.  Brooke thinks she can get her mother-in-law, who is a former wedding photographer, to do our wedding for next to nothing.  We'll definitely look at her work and strongly consider it.  I also have a friend from college that does that stuff for a reasonable price, so I've got two options to consider.

We've pretty much determined the colors of the wedding, which are going to be a light lavender, white, and silver.  We've got 51 weeks to plan this wedding just right, so we don't have to stress out over it, but we also don't want to dilly dally since a year can go by fast if you're not watching.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies