US citizens will be banned from visiting North Korea (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 01:39:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  US citizens will be banned from visiting North Korea (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US citizens will be banned from visiting North Korea  (Read 442 times)
EnglishPete

« on: July 22, 2017, 05:44:40 PM »

Why would any American WANT to visit North Korea in the first place?

A friend of mine (Australian) went on a guided tour there and loved it.
I wouldn't recommend he return anytime soon. Remember the bombing of the Syrian airfield that happened without prior warning whilst the Chinese were visiting Trump. I think that was done specifically whilst the Chinese were there (at dinner no less) as a form of warning about North Korea. Any bombardment of North Korea will happen without prior notice or warning. Also the threat of retaliation will mean that the bombardment cannot be limited but will have to be overwhelming. This would then force the Chinese to step in and install a new government there in order to avoid a massive refugee crisis in their North east provinces.

However whilst NK, or the rest of the world won't have warning of the bombing before it starts I imagine Trump will probably want to make sure that there are no US citizens in the country when the bombardment starts. I think that's the reason this ban has been issued.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies