Judaism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:04:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Judaism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Judaism  (Read 57644 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« on: April 30, 2013, 10:28:26 AM »

Another discussion board I frequent has a poster who is both a practicing astrophysicist and a Haredi Jew living in Israel. 

He would accept Genesis 1-11 as metaphorical, except that he also insists using the word "Genesis" means you're talking about the horrible Christian Bible which is nothing at all like the Torah, because it's full of mistranslations by ill-meaning Greeks and completely ignores the Oral Torah, which makes it clear that duh, of course it's metaphorical.

traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 12:15:57 PM »

Another discussion board I frequent has a poster who is both a practicing astrophysicist and a Haredi Jew living in Israel.  

He would accept Genesis 1-11 as metaphorical, except that he also insists using the word "Genesis" means you're talking about the horrible Christian Bible which is nothing at all like the Torah, because it's full of mistranslations by ill-meaning Greeks and completely ignores the Oral Torah, which makes it clear that duh, of course it's metaphorical.

Hmmmm, imagine what would happen if I ever talked to this guy...

Another fun fact: he supports gay marriage now.  Put that in your stereotype and smoke it.  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies