Mississippi results thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:58:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Mississippi results thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mississippi results thread  (Read 18459 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: March 12, 2008, 09:24:57 AM »

CNN just reported it at 59%  for Obamawith 91% in.  They give Obama Six net delegates.  I think it's a +12 for elected delegates for Clinton for the month

LOL.

Ohio +9 Hillary
Rhode Island +5 Hillary
Vermont +3 Obama
Texas +4 Hillary
Texas Caucus +9 Obama
Wyoming +2 Obama
Mississippi +6 Obama

+2 Obama overall.

how is that good news?

your hero obama could have easily put hillary away by winning texas.

he didnt.

And your hero Hillary could have easily put Obama away by winning Iowa or South Carolina
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 11:33:32 AM »

CNN just reported it at 59%  for Obamawith 91% in.  They give Obama Six net delegates.  I think it's a +12 for elected delegates for Clinton for the month

LOL.

Ohio +9 Hillary
Rhode Island +5 Hillary
Vermont +3 Obama
Texas +4 Hillary
Texas Caucus +9 Obama
Wyoming +2 Obama
Mississippi +6 Obama

+2 Obama overall.

how is that good news?

your hero obama could have easily put hillary away by winning texas.

he didnt.

And your hero Hillary could have easily put Obama away by winning Iowa or South Carolina

There have been three chances for Obama, the candidate with the momentum at the time, could have ended it.  NH, where he was expected to win.  Super Tuesday where it was closer, but still possible; he was expected to do better in CA.  March 4th, which should have been a win.  All three times, he's failed.  That ability was always his.

Now, at best, Obama is into a slug fest with Clinton until mid-May.  At worst, this isn't settled until late August.

I disagree that March 4th should have been a win. Just because he gained momentum in the weeks prior to that contest, doesn't mean that Clinton still wasn't heavily favored. I admit that I expected a win in the final days, but I wouldn't say that Obama "missed it". You can argue the same way about contests that Hillary could/should have won, as an argument for why she should have finished off Obama.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies