New Zealand's Prime Minister favors changing the flag (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:50:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  New Zealand's Prime Minister favors changing the flag (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Zealand's Prime Minister favors changing the flag  (Read 19140 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 09, 2014, 11:39:54 AM »

Like many here, I like Lockwood's proposal.  The use of the colors of the Union Jack is a sufficient nod to New Zealand's European history.

I'd rather they keep their current flag, but if they must insist on changing it, this would definitely be my top choice, especially if the Tino Rangatiratanga doesn't get more appeal beyond the Maori.

As far as Australia goes, the problem they have is that most of their alternatives are awful, enough to make their current flag look beautiful by comparison.  

This is quite possibly the only one that actually looks half-way decent:

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 05:14:22 PM »

At the end of it all, with respect to New Zealand and Australia if you re-design a national flag you have to remember it's a flag, not a sports banner, or tourist board logo (which is what that kangaroo one reminds me of) The 'Ausflag 2000 design get's it right and keeps the integrity of the Australian design. PM Helen Clark's simple design for New Zealand get's it right too. Flags that try and incorporate too many colours and too many designs are too busy.

Yeah, the Ausflag 2000 design is my favourite of the bunch.

You mean this one?

or this?

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 10:34:41 PM »

This flag has won the referendum to become the challenger to the current flag:

Beats the old one!

I like it even better than the existing flag -but what do the Kiwis themselves think, I wonder?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies