2008 rundowns (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:36:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 rundowns (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 rundowns  (Read 37821 times)
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« on: November 12, 2006, 12:08:57 PM »

Democrats

In:
Former Sen. Gravel AK Campaign site - Intresting positions, especially on the FairTax. Unfortunately for him, he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning this primary.

Gov. Vilsack IA Campaign site - I have always had a lot of respect for Vilsack, but I don't think he would win a primary. If by some miracle he were to win the nomination, I could see myself voting for him over a mediocre Republican.

Semi-announced:
Sen. Biden DE PAC - Not as great as many probably think. His plagiarism scandal of years ago, along with his perennial status as a presidential candidate severely hinder his chances.

Sen. Dodd CT Senate page - Yet another perennial nobody. Provided the field is weak, he could do better than usual, but I don't think he'll ever win a primary.

Seem interested:

Sen. Bayh IN - I respect Bayh, but he is too conservative with his foreign policy to win the Democratic nomination, might make a good VP pick.

Ret. Gen. Clark AR - He's had his 15 minutes of fame, I think he may be finished.

Sen. Clinton NY - Please, for the love of God, nominate her. I beg of you Democrats, nominate her.

Fmr. Sen. Daschle SD - A has been. No Chance.

Fmr. Sen. Edwards NC - He only has part of a term of political experience, and has already failed at a vice-presidential run. He was just a flash in the pan.

Sen. Kerry MA - No chance for obvious reasons.

Sen. Obama IL - The black version of Edwards. It would be a waste of a candidate were the Democrats to nominate him now.

Gov. Richardson NM - Probably the Democrat's best option. I have a good deal of respect for him, as do many others within the GOP. His cross over support would be rather threatening to the candidate that my party could put up.

Some others:
Fmr. VP Gore TN - I think I have stated my opinion on this imbecile enough.

Gov. Corzine NJ - Hahaha. Puh-leeease!

Gov. Blagojevich IL - A bad, inexperienced Governor who is probably to conservative for the Democratic base.

Gov. Bredesen TN - I like Bredeson, but he would be a rather poor presidential candidate.

Gov. Easley NC - Who?

Fmr. Sen. Hart CO - Who?

Rep. Kucinch OH - Yet another one who has already had their 15 minutes of fame.

Sen. Levin MI - Who?

Gov. Schweitzer MT - Would be a great candidate, and probably a great president. However, I do believe that he has disclaimed intrest.

Rev. Sharpton NY - ........

Out:
Sen. Feingold WI - Couldn't win a general, and probably wouldn't have been a strong candidate in the primary. This shouldn't be to devasting to the Dems.

Fmr. Gov. Warner VA - Good news for the GOP. One more strong Dem contender down the tubes. Smiley

Republicans

In:
2 nobodies - One of which is Michael Smith, who I like, but he has no chance. The other of which is John Cox who is apparently a very rich, delusional conservative who is producing ads. Entertaining, but no chance what-so-ever.

Seem interested:
Sen. Allen VA - After costing the GOP the senate, and after proving his raw idiocy to millions, he has no chance at the presidency.

Sen. Brownback KS - To much of a cookie cutter Conservative. We'll be looking for a more moderate figure come 2008.

Sen. Frist TN - A corrupt, rather poor candidate. We have far better options.

Fmr. House Spk. Gingrich GA - I like Newt, but his days of the Clinton impeachment and the fact that he has been out of the spot light for awhile damage his chances.

Fmr. Mayor Giulani NY - My favorite candidate in the mix. He would be a great, charasmatic candidate with great credentials and great crossover support.

Sen. Hagel NE - He would need a lot of time and free media to build his profile. He has neither of these two components and thus would not have a shot.

Gov. Huckabee AR - I like Huckabee, but doubt his chances in a general. Perhaps a good VP.

Rep. Hunter CA - Who?

Sen. McCain AZ - The pandering, attention whore. A big contender, but I get the feeling that primary voters may reject him for thr third and final time.

Gov. Pataki NY - I like Pataki, but nationally he is too much of a nobody.

Gov. Romney MA - Too much baggage to win either a general or a primary.

Fmr. Gov. Thompson WI - Same problem that Hagel has, he hasn't the time nor media attention needed to build a profile big enough to win the primary.

Some others:

Mayor Bloomberg NY - If Mayor Giuliani were to enter the race, Bloomberg would be finished. Either without Rudy is the race, Bloomberg's chances are very, very low.

Gov. Bush FL - Yet another Bush? Do. Not. Think. So.

Sen. Dole NC - No thanks.

Rep. Tancredo CO - One issue candidates rarely make the grade in primaries. The only other issue (besides immigration) that Tancredo has addressed was global security in which he suggested we bomb Mecca. So yes, he is a joke who is going nowhere.

Gov. Owens CO - Could be a good candidate, I really don't know much about him.

Rep. Pence IN - Who?

Fmr. Gen. Powell - Could be a good candidate, despite the fact that he has been out of the spot light for awhile now.

Sec. of State. Rice CA - The last thing people will want in 2008 is a peice of the Bush Administration. No thanks.

Gov. Rounds SD - Yet another candidate with little appeal to the center. The whole abortion issue in SD would turn off many of the independents the Republicans will need to keep the presidency in 2008.

Sen. Sununu NH - Who?

Sen. Santorum PA - After losing his senate race by as much as he did, and via all of the moronic things he has said in the recent past...I doubt he would be good for any kind of national office.

Gov. Sanford SC - I like Sanford. He would be a good VP candidate...though I would worry about him being on top of the ticket.

Gov. Pawlenty MN - Would be a good candidate I think. Being from a traditionally Democratic swing state helps.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies