MI-Glengariff Group/WDIV-TV: Clinton up 4, Sanders up 19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:58:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MI-Glengariff Group/WDIV-TV: Clinton up 4, Sanders up 19 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-Glengariff Group/WDIV-TV: Clinton up 4, Sanders up 19  (Read 4112 times)
psychprofessor

« on: June 01, 2016, 01:16:30 AM »

In almost every state poll, Trump can't crack 40%. Scroll the top of the screen and it's amazing how he registers in the mid to high 30's everywhere.
psychprofessor

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 01:39:05 AM »

If Obama's approval rating is actually +10, Hillary's got this.

Can you please explain to me why you think this when hillary's numbers are nearly as bad as trump's?

Obama's numbers are what they are now because when people look at the horrendous options we will have on the ballot in a few months, he looks better in comparison.

According to the most recent gallup data I can found, economic worry is on the rise a bit and is highest in 3 years at almost 60%, while like 70% of folks think we are heading in the wrong direction as a nation.

I don't think his favorably ratings are going to be a factor.

Hillary's fate as at least somewhat tied to Obama's. If people generally approve of Obama, they're far more likely to vote for someone who promises to continue his policies. I was referring specifically to Michigan in this case, but if Obama's national numbers are that good on election day, I don't see any way Trump can win. There could be some oddballs who approve of Obama but vote for Trump, but there are also likely to be some who disapprove of Obama, but won't vote for Trump.

I think I agree that Obama +10 or higher nationally would seal the deal against Trump, but he's currently +1-5 nationally and that's where I think it will stay.  Obama +4ish nationally with the current economy would suggest a tie between Generic R and Generic D.  As long as Hillary keeps her favorables decently above Trump's, she should be OK, but don't expect a landslide.

Why not? His campaign is in debt and he has no data analytics. He eschews a robust ground operation. He relies on free media and social media. I mean, in a relatively close election, all of these factors will matter and tip states away from him.
psychprofessor

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 10:05:01 AM »

same group, which is a Republican pollster, had Obama up 5 around the same time in 2012. This is a likely Clinton state. Very unpopular governor and Clinton has been out in front of the Flint water crisis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies