Can Elizabeth Warren's message resonate in the Midwest? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:40:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Can Elizabeth Warren's message resonate in the Midwest? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Elizabeth Warren's message resonate in the Midwest?  (Read 3074 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« on: January 05, 2015, 04:24:36 PM »

I can't see her winning Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Iowa. Michigan would be a toss-up. Illinois would be lean Democrat. Minnesota would be safe Dem. It wouldn't be pretty.

Why do you assume she would do so badly? Warren is critical of Wall Street and we all know that Wall Street is sooooo popular in middle america.

She's a far left politician and Obama is soooooo unpopular in middle America right now.
no
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 05:07:46 PM »

I can't see her winning Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Iowa. Michigan would be a toss-up. Illinois would be lean Democrat. Minnesota would be safe Dem. It wouldn't be pretty.

Why do you assume she would do so badly? Warren is critical of Wall Street and we all know that Wall Street is sooooo popular in middle america.

She's a far left politician and Obama is soooooo unpopular in middle America right now.
no

Who is one then?
None within the context of American politics
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 06:34:41 AM »

no

Who is one then?

American politics is all that's relevant here, and I don't see how Republicans can be characterized as right wing if the most liberal Democrats aren't "left wing" (yes, I'm considering left wing and far left synonymous).
Then you're using words wrong
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 06:35:54 AM »

no

Who is one then?

Not Warren maybe, but what about Bernie Sanders?
There's really nothing seperating Bernie from your standard liberal democrat
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies