How I know I am old... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:33:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  How I know I am old... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How I know I am old...  (Read 2654 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: February 03, 2012, 11:15:22 AM »

We just went to Golden Corral last Friday.  It was full of great tasting food.  My normal plate consists of somekind of meat, either Ham or Fried Chicken or BBQ Brisket and mashed potatoes with white gravy, and corn.  My dessert usually consists of a bowl of Banana Pudding topped with Vanilla Ice Cream or Orange Sherbet.

So the diet is going good then.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 11:40:58 AM »

We just went to Golden Corral last Friday.  It was full of great tasting food.  My normal plate consists of somekind of meat, either Ham or Fried Chicken or BBQ Brisket and mashed potatoes with white gravy, and corn.  My dessert usually consists of a bowl of Banana Pudding topped with Vanilla Ice Cream or Orange Sherbet.

So the diet is going good then.

When I go out to eat, I am not concerned with my diet, it's a time to relax.  I pick my diet back up when I get home.

Bushie, that sounds about a whole days' caloric intake from one meal.  Additionally, I have never heard you mention any exercise so you aren't going to burn it off.   You are basically throwing away a week of responsibility out in one meal.   You aren't going to lose weight if you do that.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 01:40:21 PM »

Bushie, that sounds about a whole days' caloric intake from one meal. 

Really? sounded like a normal meal to me..

Here is my guesstimation from his posts and general plate sizes

Ham- 220 calories
BBQ Brisket- 400-500
Fried Chicken 250-350 per piece
Mashed Potatoes 320
Gravy 75?
Corn 100
Banana Pudding 600 
topped Vanilla Ice Cream 100

What potentially makes it even worse is washing it down with 400-500 calories of sweet tea or soda.

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »

Here is my guesstimation from his posts and general plate sizes

Ham- 220 calories
BBQ Brisket- 400-500
Fried Chicken 250-350 per piece
Mashed Potatoes 320
Gravy 75?
Corn 100
Banana Pudding 600 
topped Vanilla Ice Cream 100

What potentially makes it even worse is washing it down with 400-500 calories of sweet tea or soda.

Interesting.. so eliminating the banana pudding and ice cream, and drinking plain unsweetened tea would pretty much bring it into line.

Maybe, I mean I was being pretty forgiving with portion size estimates.  I mean if you take like a pound of brisket or several pieces of fried chicken then you are doing horribly. Portion and plate sizes have gotten so large that most people don't really even know how much they are consuming. I'm really in no position to preach since in the past Id think nothing about quaffing 2000+ calories of beer or liquor. I just don't think Bushie realizes some of this stuff. Eating that much or like 1600 calories of pizza in a single sitting and you will not lose weight but will instead gain.  Not to mention your metabolism slows doing every year and it gets harder to take off every year. 
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 04:04:18 PM »

Nope, if you look at the first page you will see that it is really more of an and/or proposition.  Brisket, Fried chicken and two big helpings of mashed.  That isnt really a problem or anyone's business but his own.  However, he shouldnt delude himself and say he is trying to lose weight and then eat like that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies