VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:08:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 163361 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: January 05, 2017, 01:00:01 AM »

Perriello was one of the few Democrats that went down actually fighting in 2010 and never hid his support for President Obama. For that reason alone he has my support.

Perriello was brave to do that, I remember how everyone else was running away from Obama that year. I've wondered why he hasn't run for anything else, glad to see he's coming back. This is great news! Perriello 2017.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 11:00:26 PM »

It's not like he vanished off the face of the Earth. He ran CPAC for a while, and replaced Russ Feingold as an envoy to the Congo.

Since I don't often hear any news from Kinshasa, as far as I knew he had vanished from the face of the Earth.

Ugh. I like Perriello, but Northam has my complete support. I have met Northam multiple times, and he is going to be a great governor. Perriello should most definitely run in 2021 or run for Congress again.

The idea that he is a progressive hero is pretty ridiculous. He has been a great advocate for wonderful programs like ACA and the Stimulus which led to him losing his re-election. But just because of that doesn't mean this race will be one between a Sanders and a Webb. They are really not that dissimilar.

Northam will win this, but I do not under-estimate that Perriello will be a strong challenger.

Does the fact that no one outside of Virginia has ever heard of this Northam person enter into the equation? Perriello is Democratic Party Royalty. 2010 was a bloodbath and his near win was one of the few bright spots on that horrid night. I wish he had run for something sooner, but its only been 6 years, he still has a bright future ahead of him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies