Are you anticommunist/anti-Marxist? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:47:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are you anticommunist/anti-Marxist? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you anticommunist?
Yes (D)

Yes (R)

Yes (I)

No (D)

No (R)

No (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 125

Author Topic: Are you anticommunist/anti-Marxist?  (Read 6735 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: September 29, 2015, 09:53:56 PM »

I am surprised so many are anticommunist.  If we take the The Ten Planks of the Communist Manifesto of 1848

1. Abolition of private property in land and application of all rents of land to public purpose.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transportation in the hands of the state.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal obligation of all to work.  Establishment of Industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in government schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc. etc.

It seems to me that the mainstream and for sure center-left parts if the Dem party are for most of what is above with even a good part of the GOP are for or at least accepted some of the above.

Except for points 2 and 10, which ones would anybody accept these days? Well, I guess 9 - though it is pretty meaningless at this point. The rest would be completely out of the mainstream not only in the US, but pretty much in every other sane place.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 10:07:48 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2015, 10:09:32 PM by ag »

Politically - of course, I am an anti-Communist (with the sole exception of Israel - and that is something I particularly dislike Israel for Smiley )  I have been an anti-Communist since long before many of you guys were born Smiley

But the way the question has been formulated makes it sound unnecessarily ridiculous. I have no clue what the poster means by "social Marxism" or whatever.  It is also strange to be an "anti-Marxist" in an academic sense in a field in which Marx is a chapter in the History of Thought textbook: I am also not anti-Bohm-Bawerkian or anti-Smithian or whatever. Using "Marxism" or "Communism" as all-purpose cuss-words is not particularly enlightening. Hope we are not about to set a moderatorial committee on Unamerican Activities here Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies