This year feels like it's on autopilot (in terms of the campaigns)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:11:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  This year feels like it's on autopilot (in terms of the campaigns)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This year feels like it's on autopilot (in terms of the campaigns)  (Read 409 times)
Obama24
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 24, 2024, 03:46:37 AM »

Biden is doing his usual "barely campaign" thing, Trump's campaign is kinda DOA due to the fact he'll be in court 4 of 7 days for the next few months. I've been following politics since 2004, and this seems the most languid campaign season I've ever seen. It feels strange, like its on autopilot and like no one IRL particularly cares (compared to say, 2008 or 2016)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 08:41:08 AM »

Biden is doing his usual "barely campaign" thing, Trump's campaign is kinda DOA due to the fact he'll be in court 4 of 7 days for the next few months. I've been following politics since 2004, and this seems the most languid campaign season I've ever seen. It feels strange, like its on autopilot and like no one IRL particularly cares (compared to say, 2008 or 2016)

Well you're starting off with a lie, so...
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 08:47:36 AM »

Biden not campaigning is not true at all. And we're just in April.
Redban

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 08:47:58 AM »

From convos I've had with more regular folks (i.e. non-political geeks, unlike us on here) ... this is the most unenthusiastic presidential race in our lifetime. It seems like few people care; there aren't as many lawn signs and bumper stickers. It's just overall quiet, which is a new experience for an election

The cause may be that  both of them are effectively incumbents. It could be that both of them are so old and unliked. It could be weariness after seeing this match-up last time and knowing since 2022 that a rematch was coming. Everything that can be said about them has been done and said million times over
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 08:50:34 AM »

From convos I've had with more regular folks (i.e. non-political geeks, unlike us on here) ... this is the most unenthusiastic presidential race in our lifetime. It seems like few people care; there aren't as many lawn signs and bumper stickers. It's just overall quiet, which is a new experience for an election

The cause may be that  both of them are effectively incumbents. It could be that both of them are so old and unliked. It could be weariness after seeing this match-up last time and knowing since 2022 that a rematch was coming. Everything that can be said about them has been done and said million times over

dude it is literally april, there is 7 months until the election. people on this forum need to realize that normal folks do not turn into elections until 1 or 2 months before hand. i don't understand why this whole narrative has suddenly taken ahold where the entire country is supposed to be energized about an election over half a year out. that has never been the case
Redban

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 08:55:00 AM »

dude it is literally april, there is 7 months until the election. people on this forum need to realize that normal folks do not turn into elections until 1 or 2 months before hand. i don't understand why this whole narrative has suddenly taken ahold where the entire country is supposed to be energized about an election over half a year out. that has never been the case

Incorrect. And it's not just my anecdoctal points, listed in my prior post. The polls also show record-low interest at this point in a president race

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/poll-biden-trump-tight-race-election-interest-low-rcna148170

64% of registered voters say they have high levels of interest in November’s election ... That’s lower than what the NBC News poll showed at this time in the 2008 (74%), 2012 (67%), 2016 (69%) and 2020 (77%) presidential contests.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2024, 08:58:30 AM »

Incorrect. And it's not just my anecdoctal points, listed in my prior post. The polls also show record-low interest at this point in a president race

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/poll-biden-trump-tight-race-election-interest-low-rcna148170

64% of registered voters say they have high levels of interest in November’s election ... That’s lower than what the NBC News poll showed at this time in the 2008 (74%), 2012 (67%), 2016 (69%) and 2020 (77%) presidential contests.

I'm not talking about polls, I'm talking about just talking to regular people
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2024, 09:34:58 AM »

I'm not talking about polls, I'm talking about just talking to regular people
Polls are more accurate than anecdotes.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2024, 11:16:59 AM »

President Biden was literally in Tampa yesterday campaigning.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies