Have you ever cheated on a significant other? / Is cheating always wrong? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 12:20:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever cheated on a significant other? / Is cheating always wrong? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you ever cheated on a significant other? / Is cheating always wrong?
Yes, I have cheated

No, I have not cheated

I have never been in a serious relationship

Cheating is wrong

Cheating can be acceptable under reasonable circumstances

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Have you ever cheated on a significant other? / Is cheating always wrong?  (Read 1205 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: August 02, 2016, 05:49:36 PM »

2/4

I mean, I'm sure we can concoct scenarios in which it would possibly be acceptable, but they're very rare. The vast majority of the time there's no excuse for it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 01:24:25 AM »

Thanks to everyone for their kind words.

I suppose I have just recently been thinking that even though my dad kind of "pulled the trigger" by doing a bad thing, there is still blame to go around, and the situation could speak to his genuine unhappiness with my mom. It doesn't excuse him for being a poor communicator and making mistakes, but I don't know how exactly the disloyalty unfolded, and... if it's what he wanted, it's what he wanted.

I don't have to like it, but I accept it's a legitimate reflection of issues in their marriage.

I think that's a very mature and forgiving way to look at it (and I mean 'forgiving' in the best way), and certainly more equanimous than I'd probably be able to manage if one of my parents cheated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies