NFL 2011 Season Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:43:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  NFL 2011 Season Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season Discussion  (Read 47923 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« on: January 10, 2012, 02:01:18 PM »

I could see the Patriots' pass defense giving up 300 yards next week.

I doubt it.

The Patriots aren't going to be as arrogant as the Steelers and just completely sellout to stop the run.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 03:33:01 AM »

Brady is going to put up points, Denver defense really doesn't matchup well against the Patriots offense due to the fact that their safeties are pretty much garbage so either Gronk or Hernandez will have a field day

The key for Denver IMO is Tebow is going to have to show he can hit the intermediate throws with some sort of consistency because I really don't see NE living their backend exposed to the big play like the Steelers did.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 02:47:29 PM »

Coach Herm Edwards on ESPN is picking several upsets, 49ers over Saints, Texans over Ravens, Giants over Packers.  The only favorite he picks is the Patriots over Broncos.

The only one that I can see happening is Giants over Packers.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 09:37:15 PM »

28-7 NE

This is going to get ugly, folks.

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 09:58:46 AM »

I think it will be Patriots vs 49ers in Super Bowl 46

-The Ravens really don't matchup all that well with the Patriots. Belichick is a douche, but he is one smart fellow. He built the offense to beat teams who run 3-4 defenses, those TE's force teams to play in their base defense which means teams like the Ravens will have to keep their heavy set Lb's out there to cover Gronk and Hernandez, which they physically can't. I know people like to point to the Steelers win, but Pittsburgh also have Troy Polamlau who can physically matchup with the TE's.

It should be a close game, but I like the Patriots to win by a touch down.

-The Giants/Niners game is going to be close, but I like the 49ers. I don't see their defense having the mental breakdowns the Packers had, on top of that they are more fundamentally sound then the Packers. I also see the Giants turnover the ball at least twice,  Eli is playing well but he still makes 2-3 dumb throws a game and I see the Niners capitalizing on that. Jacobs and Bradshaw are also fairly careless with the ball, so I wouldn't rule out a fumble or two.

Again, it should be close and I wouldn't be surprise to see the Giants win this game, but I still will give the edge to the home team.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies