Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:31:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 210687 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2015, 02:56:52 PM »

Bushie should see if Papa will send him to fat camp. This problem is beyond his ability to control. He is not going to make the right choices, so he needs a controlled environment where his ability to make bad choices is extremely restricted. He needs some hardcore counsling, food education, and a big scary meathead to make him exercise. Walking is better than not walking, but 15 minutes at a leisurely pace, on a flat terrain isn't really going to get the job done.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2015, 03:40:10 PM »

Their website says they're the only one, which is crazy considering the girth of the churchy set. Seems like a zillion dollar business opportunity. I'm kind of curious as the efficacy of their model, but that's the trouble with the faith based approach. Those sorts of data points are not what their potential customers are seeking.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »

In other news, I just got home from the interview.  Can you say BUST?  She said she would let me know within a MONTH...  Yeah, I'm not holding out hope for that one.
That's a better sign than hiring you immediately. It likely means it's a Legit job with a Legit company and they're taking their time to find the best applicant because hiring for a Legit Job is a monumental decision.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2015, 04:53:08 PM »

In other news, I just got home from the interview.  Can you say BUST?  She said she would let me know within a MONTH...  Yeah, I'm not holding out hope for that one.
That's a better sign than hiring you immediately. It likely means it's a Legit job with a Legit company and they're taking their time to find the best applicant because hiring for a Legit Job is a monumental decision.

True.  I just hate the idea of still being unemployed come March.
Are you familiar with the story of the tortoise and the hare? Success in anything in life (relationships, finances, employment, physical fitness, learning a new skill, etc) takes a whole lot of time. Anybody who promises you instant results is a scammer.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2015, 08:34:42 PM »

What did you do today besides post here and not walk?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2015, 12:59:34 PM »

Way to go, Bushie.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2015, 08:25:35 PM »

So was going to the Golden Trough a bachelor party of sorts? A Mardi Gras bacchanalia before the long Lent?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2015, 08:39:24 PM »

So was going to the Golden Trough a bachelor party of sorts? A Mardi Gras bacchanalia before the long Lent?

Are you kidding me? He'll be having "bachelor parties" several times a week ... starting tomorrow!
I have no doubt what you said is true. I was just trying to discover the thought process that would lead a man to start a diet tomorrow and go to an all you can shovel extravaganza of lard. I struggle with food a lot too. I was raised eating the same slop Bushie eats. We drank Coke exclusively in my house when I was a child. And we watched tv all day except for school.  I was overweight at age 10, back when it wasn't such a common thing. I relate to Bushie, but I don't get him.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2015, 08:50:01 PM »

I'd like to see Bushie start to use his stove and be more comfortable with it. Like any tool, it can be a little intimidating at first, but it's absolutely critical to eating better. Practice using it. It doesn't have to be a big production. Make some popcorn on the stovetop. All you need is the popcorn itself, a bit of oil, and a pot with a lid. It's super easy.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2015, 10:28:51 PM »

Bushie, do you have pots and pans in your apartment? If you've never used the oven before, it would seem that you probably wouldn't.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2015, 04:15:01 PM »

Bushie, do you understand why so many Update regulars have trouble taking your diet and exercise seriously?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2015, 04:50:43 PM »

Just download a free app. This isn't 1997. You don't need to pay for a seperate device. Also, you never answered my question, Bushie. Do you understand why people don't take your diet/exercise seriously?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2015, 11:30:41 PM »

Wait Bushie was in a bachelor party?  What the heck does a group of Christians do for a bachelor party?  They're Not allowed to do anything!
They eat a lot of unhealthy slop. That's the religious version of fun.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2015, 06:26:34 PM »

I noticed this book for sale at Target today. It reminded me of the Update
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2015, 07:35:46 PM »

It has a base salary of $30,000 a year plus commission with benefits.
Bushie, are you aware that gullible is spelled incorrectly in the dictionary? You should go check it and see for yourself. Hilarious.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2015, 10:49:46 PM »

This season is going out strong.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2015, 02:47:50 PM »

Bushie why do you refuse to take a retail job, or an uber job, or a pizza delivery job?  Why are you only willing to take obvious scam jobs?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2015, 04:32:57 PM »

While that one job was a scam, the idea of getting a job you're not crazy about, even if just for a little while, is totally sound. Go get an easy job to pay some bills while you keep looking for your dream job.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2015, 04:58:31 PM »

I've had many bosses at point in my life. Mostly proficient people, though nobody is ever perfect. A couple of people who have needed major improvement, which is a very frustrating thing. But the idea of somebody reporting to Bushie? Can't even fathom it. The company would immediately spontaneously combust, and Bushie would no longer be in charge. It'd be like one of those radioactive isotopes whose half life is so inconceivably short that you may as well pretend it can't ever exist at all.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2015, 06:22:31 PM »

Bushie, will you now begin applying to Uber, Pizza drivers, and Walmart (jobs that you could actually hold down and may even enjoy)?

I don't like the idea of having to use my car and my gas for a job except getting to and from, so that takes out the first two.

I thought pizza delivery people drove cars owned by the restaurant?  Do they actually all drive their own cars?

I have no idea how the Aussies do it, but American pizza people drive their own cars. But the company pays you a flat rate per delivery that (so long as you don't drive a giant pickup or SUV and Bushie already has a gas sipping Japanese vehicle, the perfect pizza car) more than covers gas and wear and tear. And because it's not income, but "mileage reimbursement", it's tax free money on top of the tips (which everybody also underreports to the IRS). And you'll get an hourly wage too. As far as pay goes, pizza delivery is a lot like waiting tables at a cheap restaurant like a Chili's or a Friday's except that you're not busting your Inks trying to remember 10 people's food order all at the same time. You just driving around in your own car, make the transaction, and go. So simple! And much more lucrative than working at BigBoxMart.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies