Thom Hartman: The Ultimate Felony Against Democracy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 10:16:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Thom Hartman: The Ultimate Felony Against Democracy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thom Hartman: The Ultimate Felony Against Democracy  (Read 5125 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: November 05, 2004, 01:49:49 PM »

Throw this log on the fire, folks (from your friends that brought you freedomburns and shira):

"Why Americans Hate Democrats—A Dialogue: The unteachable ignorance of the red states."

"The election results reflect the decision of the right wing to cultivate and exploit ignorance in the citizenry. I suppose the good news is that 55 million Americans have evaded the ignorance-inducing machine. But 58 million have not."

"The error that progressives have consistently committed over the years is to underestimate the vitality of ignorance in America. Listen to what the red state citizens say about themselves, the songs they write, and the sermons they flock to. They know who they are—they are full of original sin and they have a taste for violence. The blue state citizens make the Rousseauvian mistake of thinking humans are essentially good, and so they never realize when they are about to be slugged from behind."

There is plenty more of where that came from in this "rant."  I guess there will always be a few blinded dolts in our society that believes this trash.  Fortunately for us, they are a minority.

What a load of trash.  Realistically, there are ignorant voters on both sides.  Of the people I know, the Republicans are usually more intelligent and well-informed than the Democrats.  But I would never say that stupidity is the sole reason that somebody would vote Democratic.

I saw an interesting article today in my local paper (Connecticut Post) about the local reaction to Bush's re-election.  While this paper endorsed Bush on its editorial page, the news pages have been anti-Bush.  There was a headline that described a "shudder" that went through the region with the news of Bush's re-election (despite the fact that he got nearly 50% of the vote in my area).

In any case, a political science professor talked about how shocked some people in the area were with the president's re-election (sounds a lot like those anti-American Europeans).  He said that people he talked to expressed "disbelief that the country could be so out of step."  He said that "because these people are highly educated, they assume they know what's best for the country, and they're shocked when others don't share their agenda.  The thought would never enter their minds that they are the ones who are out of step."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies