Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:29:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 180771 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: May 04, 2016, 10:07:04 PM »

Jon Huntsman is my favorite for the position. He definitely has softened up on Trump and remained neutral through the campaign.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 07:50:50 PM »

I've been hearing rumblings about Jim Webb.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 08:02:00 PM »

I've been hearing rumblings about Jim Webb.

No way that doesn't lead to a floor fight at the convention.
They'll do a acclamation vote, and regardless of what happens, Paul Ryan will bang the gabble and say the nays have it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 11:13:05 PM »

FWIW, Gary Johnson named former MA Governor Bill Weld as his VP candidate today.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 02:01:49 PM »

I wonder if his talk with Trump was just a move to either bury any potential bad press or paint this as a political witch hunt because he's being considered for the bottom slot on the ticket.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 05:12:27 PM »

Yes, because of course these people just wouldn't be qualified. Clearly the only reason to pick a minority or a woman would be to pander.

Roll Eyes

He's going all in on the >75% of white men strategy.  The scary part is I think it's working.  Clinton needs to pick a Biden type who can counter this.

Chris Murphy could work. Young, northeastern, white man, not moderate enough to anger Bernie supporters.
He's a very underrated option for either ticket.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 04:09:39 PM »

Rick Scott wants higher office and he wants it bigly. He's been an amazing Governor, but I don't want him in the Senate, much less the Naval Observatory.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 12:25:55 AM »

I'm betting on Pence as of now. Ew.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 01:46:29 AM »

I really don't get the Pence angle either. If he wants a social conservative, he ought to just grab some rando Governor like Butch Otter who is low key, experienced, and relatively popular.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 01:15:05 AM »

Don't know if there's still a glimmer of hope for Not-Pence, but just thought I'd mention that Gingrich is now calling for testing all Muslims in the US to see if they support sharia, then possibly deporting them:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/newt-gingrich-muslims-deportation-tests-225589

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He proposed a similar method in 2012 to deal with illegals. He wanted to create "community boards" on a local level that would vote on each individual illegal immigrant to see whether or not they were worthy of amnesty. Newt's solution to everything is more government, which is ironic because he sure likes to rail about it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 08:36:50 AM »

Ew. Too much shrill.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 11:02:00 PM »

It will be leaked. It always is leaked in the hours leading up to the event. I remember Fox breaking in with the Biden Veep selection at 3:00 AM in the morning. It always gets out.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 02:45:24 PM »

I'm actually surprised Jeff Merkley didn't make the shortlist for VP. It would be a great way to satisfy the left, without the potential pitfalls of the other options (age, gender, and Senate seat, for Sanders/Warren/Brown respectively.)
I'm surprised Franken didn't

Well, I like Franken, but it's not exactly hard to see why he wasn't considered (SNL baggage.) I have a hard time thinking of an explanation for no Merkley.
I'd imagine that they did approach him to see if he was interested in being vetted, and he probably just outright declined.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 12:49:51 PM »

If Hillary wants a Republican, get one who isn't a two time loser.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 03:53:07 PM »

FWIW, leaks aren't always a bad thing if the leak is staged (which isn't much of a leak I guess). For example, Trump purposely allowed his RNC speech to get out before he took to the stage to keep the commentators from speculating if he would give an actual speech or just rant about Bobby Knight and Howard Stern for thirty minutes. It was designed to keep people interested before the press scared off the audience.

If Hillary had a particularly dynamic or interesting pick (Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker for example) we'd know by now. The fact that she's keeping such a tight lip on the subject is a sign that she'll need all the press she can get and that the pick will be boring (such as Kaine or Vilsack). I doubt it'll be announced today in light of the media largely focusing on Munich.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies