Italy 2013: The official thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 12:29:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italy 2013: The official thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Italy 2013: The official thread  (Read 234170 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: July 20, 2012, 05:39:01 PM »

I was going to come here and post about Berlusconi coming back but I see predictably this has already been discussed.

What really creeps me out is the idea that Berlusconi's return could somehow help the PdL to regain lost voters.

This made me smile broadly. I'm not sure why.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 10:58:13 PM »

Read through this thread and some other articles (Hashemite's blog on the Sicily regional election and Wikipedia were both quite informative), and will probably be following this from now on; need some international stuff now that the US is taking a break. First impressions:

I always knew Italian politics was really ed up really bad, but just...wow. Amazing.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 11:07:34 PM »

All the stability of Israel with all the honesty of the Ukraine. This is great!
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 09:41:18 PM »

People are over-analysing the importance of sports on election results. I'm not sure wich is more silly, people thinking Scotland will vote for indipendance because they host a non-important sport-event the same year, or people thinking a Milan win will make people vote for Silvio.

Is there any election in the past 50 years in a Western Democracy that's is believed to have been determained by a single sports event?

In the 1970 UK general election, there was a last-minute swing from Labor to the Conservatives, who ended up winning; it's thought that this is because the election took place shortly after England lost a significant match to West Germany during the 1970 World Cup (furthermore, it's thought England only lost because goalkeeper Gordon Banks was forced not to play due to a stomach illness).

Sometimes history rests on the seemingly insignificant.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 12:22:28 AM »

Some predictions, in no particular order:

• Bersani will place first.
  • It will be closer than predicted; someone -- either the right or Grillo -- will place decisively second.
  • Berlusconi and Grillo will continue to influence Italian politics for some time yet. Bersani will only last a couple of years before leaving and either being forgotten or remembered very unfavorably by everyone.
  • The Senate will be a complete cluster. Nobody will exercise any real control.
  • Not at this election, but at some point in the future, Berlusconi will be Prime Minister again.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 11:47:30 AM »

Berlusconi is seventy-six already, Vosem.

Still.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies