Was Trump's motive all along simply to gain more publicity for himself? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:10:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Was Trump's motive all along simply to gain more publicity for himself? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Was Trump's motive all along simply to gain more publicity for himself?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Was Trump's motive all along simply to gain more publicity for himself?  (Read 1138 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« on: June 16, 2016, 02:20:18 PM »

In running for the Republican Presidential nomination, was Trump's motive all along to gain more publicity for himself, not to actually win the nomination, but in the process, unexpectedly did win?

That could explain why the Republican campaign now lies in shambles, why party unity is a joke, and why there seems to be no sensible plan or ground game in place going forward or to win in November.

Please vote and comment should you wish.

In the beginning, it probably was that.

But it became a real wish to win along the way.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 02:22:22 PM »

I like to believe that he launched his campaign for this purpose while expecting it to ultimately go nowhere, but it didn't work out like that. I don't think Trump ever expected to win the nomination and I am still not convinced he truly wants to do the job. He probably wants the position/title but none of the responsibilities.

Nobody was more surprised than Trump when Cruz dropped out after Indiana.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies