Priorities USA reconfigures for Hillary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:23:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Priorities USA reconfigures for Hillary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Priorities USA reconfigures for Hillary  (Read 921 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: January 24, 2014, 03:02:29 PM »

But Morden, why is the establishment so desperate for her to run? Because of polls? I'm unconvinced it's the end of the world if she doesn't run. There are other candidates.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 12:12:30 AM »

But Morden, why is the establishment so desperate for her to run? Because of polls? I'm unconvinced it's the end of the world if she doesn't run. There are other candidates.

OK, let me clarify what I mean further.  Maybe "desperate" is the wrong word.  Let's just say that they very strongly desire it.  Doesn't mean that they couldn't win with another candidate.  But the bulk of the party establishment seems to have convinced themselves that she's their strongest candidate.  Doesn't mean that they're right, but that's what they seem to think.

And the bonus is that there's a belief that if Clinton runs, there's a decent chance that she'll only face token opposition in the primary.  And the establishment also tends to believe that primaries are risky, and it's preferable to just let their candidate skate through unscathed.  Again, doesn't mean that they're *right* in thinking that.  But that appears to be a common belief, based on my reading of the situation.

Finally, there's also the groupthink desire to be on the winning side.  It looks like she's probably going to run anyway, so if I'm a Democratic operative, it's in my interest to suck up to her early and promote her candidacy, because she'll remember that when she's in power.

That makes sense, thanks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies