Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:20:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children  (Read 28548 times)
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« on: December 14, 2012, 01:04:02 PM »

wow this is just ed up, sickening.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 08:53:04 PM »

I just find scoring political points while our country has just started to mourn to be distasteful.

Like Huckabee blaming this on God not being in the schools?  Conservatives make plenty of political hay out of stuff like this.  It's only when people bring up points they don't like that we're "politicizing a tragedy."  I call BS on the hypocrisy.

As I stated earlier, I am equally upset about the politicization on my side of the aisle.  My twitter timeline at the moment is making me ill, because for some folks the only solution to a problem is to introduce even more guns into the equation.

if you made tragedies apolitical there is nothing left.  is war apolitical?  is war not a tragedy?

I just find scoring political points while our country has just started to mourn to be distasteful.
Don't kid yourself.  The country is not mourning.  You don't know any of the people affected.  You could, however, be supportive of efforts to prevent such a tragedy from occurring again, right now.  That might be the best way to mourn the murdered children for someone who has no personal stake in the tragedy.

That's absolutely insulting, but I'm not holding it against you because this is a very sensitive issue.  

Attacking Constitutional rights is never a responsible reaction to a tragedy, whether its internment camps, the PATRIOT Act, going to war without purpose, or unreasonable gun control.
Stop the melodramatic posturing.  It's insulting that you are using the devastation wrought by this tragedy among the families involved to try and steer the debate/conversation away from preventing such an act from happening again.

I have yet to see any solutions in this thread that would prevent this act from happening again.  Please, if there are any such solutions, bring them forward.

this whole thread is full of we need to do something to stop these shootings, but very short on actual solutions.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 09:47:39 PM »

I read the guns were his mothers
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/us/connecticut-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 11:30:12 PM »

It seems a lot of you guys think we need more gun control. How exactly will more gun control prevent these kinds of shootings or gun violence in general.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies