Is it possible to draw a Republican-leaning House district in Massachusetts? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 11:46:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is it possible to draw a Republican-leaning House district in Massachusetts? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is it possible to draw a Republican-leaning House district in Massachusetts?  (Read 1034 times)
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« on: July 05, 2017, 07:43:41 PM »

Best I can do are two seats that are Lean R at best, Although the green one  may be more Likely R by this point and the Blue one is probably Lean R
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 03:04:01 PM »

Definitely not there. Those are some of the most liberal suburban towns right on 90 and 95 between Boston and Worcester. Lots of tech workers and other Harvard MIT types out there
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 03:06:52 PM »

I think that Republicans will win big in Massachusetts the next time there is a midterm under a Democratic president. It just doesn't seem logical for these rural districts that are 90%+ white to keep on voting Democrat forever, just like Iowa.

The only thing is the rural areas are always locked into a big city/minority bloc somewhere. Like 1 is Springfield/Holyoke. 2 gets Worcester and the hippy parts of the west. 9 gets stuck with New Bedford and Fall River. And 4 has that ridiculous string out of Bristol county up to uber-liberal newton and Brookline
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 08:40:33 PM »

Best I can do are two seats that are Lean R at best, Although the green one  may be more Likely R by this point and the Blue one is probably Lean R
I can't seem to get this to work how are you doing it?
If you mean the app, use internet explorer or firefox. It doesnt work on chrome and that confused me for a while haha

If you meant the districts, Since the two i did seal off parts of the state i had to draw a western district first to get the border with the green one, and the same in the south east to get a border for the blue one. Then all i did was wrap in as many marginal/republican leaning towns as i could, small liberal cities like Fitchburg and Southbridge didnt effect it too much. The other one was harder since i had to snake it around Brockton and Stoughton/Sharon to connect the Braintree-Plymouth-Bridgewater part to the places like Foxboro and Walpole without throwing a 70% dem city with 90,000 people into it
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies