Is Ron Paul "cool"? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:06:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is Ron Paul "cool"? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Ron Paul "cool"?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Is Ron Paul "cool"?  (Read 8706 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: June 26, 2007, 08:08:53 PM »

Currently, yes. He's probably the rare exception where a 71 year old man can become the hottest thing among young people.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 08:46:06 PM »

the constitution should be an evolving and flexible document.

take your beloved second amendment for example.  do you think the founding fathers ever imagined that in 2007 there would be 7 year olds shooting 8 year olds with something called a handgun?

doubtful.

Show me to the link of this story about the 7 year old shooting the 8 year old.

Exactly.

http://www.boston.com/news/education/k_12/articles/2007/06/26/seven_year_old_child_fatally_shoots_8_year_old_cousin_in_boston_home/

now call me a radical because i want to rid the country of these goddamned things.

Sure. Let's outlaw handguns and watch as they all magically disappear, the country rid of them, and they are impossible to get because we all know outlawing something makes it so difficult to get. Hell look at pot. We all know that it's sooooooooo difficult to get pot now, right?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 11:52:33 PM »

Why am I the only Democrat on the forum who doesn't show hostility to a man who has fought for liberty and peace better than almost anyone else in Congress? Yes, Paul's economic views are insane and I don't share them. But when it comes to nanny-stating, the authoritarianism of the Bush administration, and the US's growing militarism and imperialism, there has been hardly anyone in Congress who has fought against all that better than Ron Paul. And for that he has my respect, and my support over all the other jokers running for the nomination.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 12:41:08 AM »

I've said this once, and I'll say it again

Time to switch, BRTD.

Ron Paul's views are apauling.

His economic views, yes. But his views against the nanny state, police state, and imperialism are excellent. I don't agree with the Libertarians on economics at all, so why should I switch?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 12:51:29 PM »

He is supported by a crazy coalition of people who support mandatory surveillance of all mosques

Why? Paul would never support something like that.

My brother supports Paul though and he doesn't fall into any of those categories. He supports Paul because Paul supports abolishment of all regulations on gambling.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 10:48:52 AM »

Ron Paul is'nt any cooler than any other 60 year old, white, male, Republican.  I think if Libertarians were truely associated with freedom they would caucus with the Democrats rather than the facists I mean Republicans.

The Libertarians need to actually have seats somewhere to caucus with either party.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 09:54:23 PM »

Ron Paul is'nt any cooler than any other 60 year old, white, male, Republican.  I think if Libertarians were truely associated with freedom they would caucus with the Democrats rather than the facists I mean Republicans.

The Libertarians need to actually have seats somewhere to caucus with either party.

What I meant by that was that they work with the Republicans rather than the democrats

The Libertarians work with the Republicans as much as the Greens do with Democrats
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 10:04:09 PM »

What I meant by that was that they work with the Republicans rather than the democrats

The Libertarians work with the Republicans as much as the Greens do with Democrats

Well Ron Paul, a former Libertarian presidential candidate is a Republican congressman now. 

And you can count the number of other times the Libertarians and Republicans have cooperated on one hand, that is if you had lost all 5 fingers on that hand.

And Paul is hardly cooperating with the Republicans, he ran as a Republican because that's the only way to get elected in that district, won a primary through some rather flukey circumstances, and has held it since as an incumbent voting way differently than any other Republican holding that district would.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 12:21:04 PM »

He's in the Religious Party.. how could he be 'cool'?

Because he doesn't really fit in them at all.

I figured you'd give him some credit though for supporting legalization of prostitution.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies