Atlasia v. Jesus (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:02:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia v. Jesus (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasia v. Jesus  (Read 4161 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: August 25, 2007, 04:28:10 PM »

Additionally, Tcash said he is very busy at the moment (which is why he wanted you to preside over this trial). Justice Opebo has shown interest in participating in this case, why can we not simply appeal the decision to him?

I defer to my colleague to call upon me, but can state that I am ready, available, and eager to serve.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 05:29:21 AM »

Opebo has already stated his opinion on this case in this thread so his neutrality would be questionable.

That makes no sense, KIL.  How can one give an opinion if one is neutral?  If we as judges are expected to both give opinions and be neutral, I think you can see this is a legal conundrum. 

I must object to the exclusion of justices based upon guesses as to what their opinions might be, even by members of this Court.  I further note that the defendant has been pressured into forgoing his right to trial by jury due to this exclusion, and thus this practice must be invalidated upon appeal.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 12:25:33 PM »

Only the plaintiff, Defendant, the defendants representative and myself will be allowed to post in this thread, anyone else should seek permission from me via pm, anyone violating this rule will be held in contempt.
I have put up with your interference so far do not push it.

I did send you a PM, but recieved no response.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 12:55:12 PM »

That makes no sense, KIL.  How can one give an opinion if one is neutral?  If we as judges are expected to both give opinions and be neutral, I think you can see this is a legal conundrum. 

I didn't say you WERE neutral.  I said it would be QUESTIONABLE to think THAT YOU WOULD BE neutral.

That was precisely my point - as a judge, I cannot be neutral.  You suggested that I should be.

But apparently I am not allowed to post in this thread, so we will have to argue about this elsewhere  if you wish.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies