House Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 08:29:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  House Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 107420 times)
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« on: September 01, 2017, 03:07:45 PM »

POWER Act
to allow working Atlasians to more easily create and join labor unions and protect workers' rights

Section 1-Title

i. The long title of this Act shall be, the "Prioritizing Our Workers' Employee Rights " It may be cited as "POWER"

Section 2-Organization of Unions
i. If employees at a company distribute and collect cards to form a union with the signatures of over half of the company's employees, a union shall be formed and shall serve as the official union for that company

ii. Official unions retain the power to collectively bargain on behalf of members in negotiations with the company

iii. Language on the aforementioned cards must be clear in expressing that the drive is for unionization, and must describe the level of dues to be paid

Section 3-Enforcement

i. Fines levied by the Atlasian Department of Labor against those convicted of violating the rights of workers to join or form unions without coercion or discrimination shall be increased by 20%

ii. The Atlasian Department of Labor shall from this point forward seek an injunction against firms engaging in discriminatory labor practices against employees seeking to unionize, if the allegations of discrimination have been properly investigated and proven in court

Section 4-Employee Freedoms and Reponsabilities

i. Unions shall decide whether or not those who do not pay dues for union representation can receive the benefits of the union

ii. This measure bans the firing of employees based on union organization or membership

iii. Company violations of this act or labor standards as per the Atlasian Department of Labor's guidelines and statutory guidelines shall be made clear and taken into account during the government contract procurement process

iv. Government protected employee rights shall be listed in each workplace in clear, readable English, along with any other language spoken by over 15% of the population of that workplace's county

Section 4-Mechanisms
i. This measure will be enacted immediately

ii. Enforcement will be carried out by the Atlasian Department of Labor
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 10:52:48 AM »

House Resolution
To encourage public health and lower healthcare costs for all

Be it resolved by the People's House Assembled;
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies