Push Polling in NE-2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:21:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Push Polling in NE-2
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Push Polling in NE-2  (Read 331 times)
BL53931
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2016, 10:20:25 AM »

We live in a Congressional district with a close race. (NE-2) For the last few weeks we've been getting automated phone calls that seemed to be from poll takers, recorded questions asking how we'd vote on that race and also on the presidential race. I've been participating mainly because I am retired and have the time and it seemed like fun. I commented to my wife earlier this week that we sure were getting a lot of these. Sometimes three a day.

Last night we got another such call apparently from the same source. This time after the usual questions the recording went into a series of loaded questions about the 'Democrat candidate'.  I was asked if I knew that my congressman voted to 'empty Gitmo' and send terrorists loose to fight our troops. I soon figured what this was and just for fun started saying I agreed with all this. The questions/allegtions just got worse and worse until I couldn't take it any more and hung up. That followed a question about rapists and illegal immigrants.

If anyone reading this in my district gets these polling calls, odds are they are from the RCCC and participating will just lead to his sort of harassment.  I am not answering my phone again until 11-8 unless I recognize the caller ID. A word to the wise.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 10:41:00 AM »

The NRCC knows that the Democrat in NE-2 is a moderate that they can't beat normally, so they result to antagonizing people with push polls. Sad!

#reelectAshford
#bluedogsforthewin
BL53931
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 10:49:15 AM »

I emailed Don Bacon's campaign to let them know someone was making these calls and antagonizing potential switch voters. Got a message back from a coordinator who told me they are not making those calls but have received other complaints. He said they are apparently from a PAC.

I think Ashford will win in the end. The TV ads Bacon is running are awful- I mute them whenever they come on. Ashford's are positive. The GOP will eventually take this district back but i doubt it's this year.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 11:49:35 AM »

It would be funny if Ashford and Poliquin both get re-elected, and both states end up splitting their electoral votes as well.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies