U.N. Passes Resolution Against Israel Settlements, U.S. Abstains (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:17:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  U.N. Passes Resolution Against Israel Settlements, U.S. Abstains (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: U.N. Passes Resolution Against Israel Settlements, U.S. Abstains  (Read 11040 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: December 23, 2016, 08:31:00 PM »

Settlements are an invasion of a foreign country by Israel. Should France start building towns in Belgium?

They should be evacuated and bombed.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 08:45:42 PM »

They should be evacuated and bombed.
Ask weed man to do it. But only if you like a mushroom cloud in your backyard.

You're aware any threat to throw a nuclear bomb on the West will probably cause the extinction of the Jewish people? West would stop protecting you against Arabs and there would be en explosion in anti-semitic crimes.

We all know than, internatonally, the best for Israel would be a sign a peace deal and then loudly complain about every violation by Palestinians until it fell down. Created a ton of goodwill towards them in the 90's. Confronting the West is going to deal you nowhere.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 03:17:02 AM »

Shame to see so many people supporting a racist ideology against Palestinian and Arab people, so deplorable. One day the world will see the Israel settlement for what is, colonialism, and apartheid against people of a different race.

Sigh....here we go again! The Palestinians have been using terror and destruction to attempt to strike fear into Israelis for years.  They have no interest in peace at all.  Indeed, in the 90s, Israel and Palestine were closer to peace than ever before....but a Palestinian assassin had to ruin it by killing Yitzak Rabin, the prime minister of Israel.  The Palestinians hate the Jewish people...but they aren't the racists, people like me are.  Unbelievable....SMH.  Sad

He was killed by an extremist Jew, but why get facts get in the way of rhetoric...
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 02:52:32 AM »

Lmao @ the lefties here devaluing the A-word more and more by the minute. It's almost as worthless as "racist" nowadays. No one cares anymore. Good job, thank you!

I don't have any problem with the US acting and voting in their own interests, just as every single other nation does.
No smart person ever expects the U.S. (or any country, for that matter) to act altruistically. The point is that Obama's foreign policy of screwing over the U.S.' allies and aiding its enemies is not really in the country's interest at all.
The US is often the only major country in the world that stands up for Israel in the UN General Assembly. Don't even try to act like we haven't supported them. Even in this rare instance, this was an abstention.

Explain how angering an ally, destabilizing the peace process further, and putting defunding the UN on the table a month before the change of Presidents helped anyone.

It's hard to destabilize a process that does not exist.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 04:35:36 PM »

So apparently Obama and Hollande are scheming to impose a second resolution, this one ordering Israel to abide by third-party peace plans, before the term is over.

I'm almost wondering if Obama's goal here is to push things so far that the US-Israeli relationship cannot be repaired even under a new President. It's the only thing that makes sense at this point, besides him simply being a stupid, vengeful person who doesn't understand foreign relations.
It is as if they live on another planet. No one will care about this or any upcoming resolution after January 20, and no one will take any steps to implement them. Meanwhile, the Israeli right will be emboldened, which may lead to the immediate annexation of Maale Adumim after Trump takes office. Great job, Obama!

Then, you'll have the blood of European Jews on your hands.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 04:43:39 PM »

You're very aware any move like the ones you suggest will cause yet another anti-semitic flare in Europe, including attacks.

Note that's totally Bibi plan, making to rest of the world so dangerous for the Jewish people than they are forced to move in Israel.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 04:53:10 PM »

You're very aware any move like the ones you suggest will cause yet another anti-semitic flare in Europe, including attacks.
It's up to European governments to prevent that. Can't blame Israel for that, although I know antisemites always like to do so.

I'm not blaming Israel, I'm blaming Nethanyahu. If he the great defender of the Jewish people all around the world like he claims he is (and so lecturing world leaders about Jewish issues all the time), why does he follow policies that hurt the very people he claims to want to protect?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I, for one, think one must be "totally" deranged to think this would be Bibi's plan, but ok. I do think it is G-d's plan, but that's something wholly different.
[/quote]

I don't want to sound harsh or agressive, but if G-d plan is to make all Jewish people to move back to Israel, why are you still living in Netherlands? Aren't you disobeying G-d by staying in Europe?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 05:48:38 PM »

How does a strong/weak Israel strengthen or weaken my Jewish friend who has full tattoo sleeves and is posting about Christmas gifts on Facebook this morning? Don't see how Israel impacts her livelihood in Columbia Heights, MN.

See, when some pissant sociopath on the right or left gains power and decides that she needs to die because of what her genetic code says, the fact that there's a country of pissed-off Jews with nuclear weapons may just make said pissant sociopath think twice.

And that's an actual possibility in the US?

According to a whole lot of people this year, absolutely. And it certainly was in 1996.

I'm skeptical. However, I'm not only concerned about the US. I very much like the same deterrent existing for Europe.

Would be quite hard to use in Europe, I doubt the non-fascist neighbours would like having to deal with nuclear fallout on their territories,
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 06:02:19 PM »

How does a strong/weak Israel strengthen or weaken my Jewish friend who has full tattoo sleeves and is posting about Christmas gifts on Facebook this morning? Don't see how Israel impacts her livelihood in Columbia Heights, MN.

See, when some pissant sociopath on the right or left gains power and decides that she needs to die because of what her genetic code says, the fact that there's a country of pissed-off Jews with nuclear weapons may just make said pissant sociopath think twice.

According to a whole lot of people this year, absolutely. And it certainly was in 1996.

I'm skeptical. However, I'm not only concerned about the US. I very much like the same deterrent existing for Europe.

Would be quite hard to use in Europe, I doubt the non-fascist neighbours would like having to deal with nuclear fallout on their territories,

Then they should probably take care of their genocidal Jew-hating neighbor before Israel has to.

That's the thing - Israel's nuclear weapons may not be an actual practical option in many situations, but what they are is a massive game-changer in terms of balance of power. The world is now forced to care what happens to the Jews, because Israel compels them to by the presence of that threat.

So, if Pakistan decided to use their nukes to make sure Muslims are treated well around the world, would you oppose it?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 06:25:14 PM »

Then they should probably take care of their genocidal Jew-hating neighbor before Israel has to.

That's the thing - Israel's nuclear weapons may not be an actual practical option in many situations, but what they are is a massive game-changer in terms of balance of power. The world is now forced to care what happens to the Jews, because Israel compels them to by the presence of that threat.

So, if Pakistan decided to use their nukes to make sure Muslims are treated well around the world, would you oppose it?

That's an absurd false equivalency. There's never been an active and partially successful attempt to erase every last Muslim from the face of the planet.

Well, I doubt anyone believe someone will attempt to erase all Jews again.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 02:29:33 AM »

The arguments abour God given land and the return of the messias sound very ISIS-like.

You can criticize the Jews all you want but it's still THEIR LAND. They lived there centuries before Islam even began.

Are you ready to give your land to a Native and take a boat back to England?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies