Israel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:58:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel  (Read 72142 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: May 16, 2008, 11:34:27 AM »
« edited: May 16, 2008, 11:36:28 AM by Franzl »

Lots of arrogance and stupidity in this thread...a couple of posters have lost some of my sympathy.

Israel is not perfect, and it might not have been the best idea, the way it was formed, but that's history now.

As long as arabs are firing rockets at civilians in Israel, and are walking into shopping malls blowing things up, I have to side with Israel.

And anybody that knows me will confirm that I am in no way neo-conservative.

Of course, some of the posters defending Israel, trying to claim that God gave them the land, and seriously want to use that as an argument, have lost their marbles too.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 03:30:20 PM »

There is a small rabbit in a room, surrounded by 12 angry, snarling wolves.  The wolves all pounce on the rabbit, but when the scuffle is over, the rabbit always comes out alive, no matter how many times the wolves attack it.

What does this metaphor mean?

That the rabbit is pretty damn lucky, and...ummmm....irrelevant?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 03:46:51 PM »

Yes, it might be relevant if Israel's military force was comparable to a rabbit and all of its neighbors comparable to wolves. Rather than the other way around being more accurate.

I suppose it makes more sense in the original war for independence, back in '48; its lost its relevance now.

then why bring it up now if you weren't trying to make a point?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 08:01:36 AM »

There is a disconnect why Jews got their homeland in palestine even though the genocide against them was conducted in Europe. I understand it was written in the bible and that Jews did live there a millenia ago, but is that really enough? The true reason is that the palestinians were powerless to stop the Zionists and it was because they had no true representation in 1948. It was unfair what was done to the palestinians in 1948 and the Zionists were not entitled to a single square inch of land. In a fair world a part of Germany/Poland would have been carved out for a Jewish homeland, but this world is not fair is it?

This times 100. Carving out a jewish state in the Rhineland would have been perfectly acceptable to me(Germans did try to kill them all so they do need to pay for their crimes) but not one in Palestine.

Do you actually have any idea how much Germany has paid for its crimes over the decades?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 06:08:27 AM »

Just let them all kill each other....then the problem's gone.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 07:51:08 AM »

But they wouldn't kill each other, one side would win and one side would lose, they've tried that before with mixed results.  Wait, that is great idea!  But let's actually declare a winner when they fight next time, make the losers leave.  Maybe a new homeland for the loser in Germany?

They can have Saxony. Actually, I'd be happy to give them entire East Germany, under one condition. The wall must be built again.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 03:13:14 AM »

Just let them all kill each other....then the problem's gone.
It would be nice to be that simple, however, the side that won would them find a new group of people to hate.  

Possible.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies