Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:48:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 173236 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: October 05, 2014, 11:04:27 PM »

I'm going to a City Council meeting on Tuesday to heckle.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 08:10:00 PM »

Applied to York College of PA today. Hopefully going to apply to Millersville and IUP tomorrow.
I have cousins at IUP; if you get around to visiting, let me know. I am going to apply to TCC next week. I plan on doing two years there and than moving into FSU.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 09:47:36 PM »

I spoke at a city council meeting. I'll give more details tomorrow.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 04:20:45 PM »

Went to a city council meeting over a proposed development described here. But lots of other weird stuff happened.

-Pirate Fest: Three men dressed as pirates addressed to council to promote a day “of family fun, live music, food, and plunder.” It got a lot of laughs.

-The local troll: We have one resident who enjoys coming to each meeting to complain. He had been on the commission nearly twenty years ago and has been running in every election to the last cycle. While he has given up his dream of reclaiming his old spot, he still trolls each meeting. He blackmailed one commissioner back in 2012 for having an extramarital affair with her first cousin and came this week with emails that claim that a certain Commissioner sexually harasses waitresses at a local restaurant. He was dramatically waving them in the air, and went way over time before being forced to leave. The commissioner he was attacking simply left when he came to the podium. The guy looks like Napoleon Dynamite’s brother Kip at the age of 60 (and with dyed hair and a mullet.)

-Medical Marijuana. The crowd was surprisingly tame on Amendment 2, though was evenly split. A six month moratorium was emplaced to prevent medical marijuana businesses from popping up, though the moratorium is symbolic due to the strict regulations that accompany Amendment 2. Even if it passes, it will be a long time before the growing and distribution of legal marijuana hits the streets.

-The Crazy Guy. There was a man named Piotr Blass, who was once a professor in mathematics (I verified this on Google) and claims to have invented the internet. I kid you not. And he is running for Governor as a write-in candidate. Furthermore, he claims that his son was kidnapped by a ring of “bigoted pedophiles” years ago, and is debating Fhaid Khavari at a local IHOP. Yep. Third party debate at IHOP.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 05:42:36 PM »

I'm sorry for loss, Sawx. His family is in my prayers.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 05:40:26 PM »

Both my mom and my dad encountered Joe Biden's motorcade in Palm Beach and Broward Counties respectively today.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 02:18:20 AM »

A suicide jumper went over the Lake Worth Bridge while I was eating with my family down the street. We saw the police helicopter using the searchlights over the river. Pretty somber site.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »

Everyone is having bad psychiatric episodes, so I might as well tell my latest story. I have been having panic attacks that have been crippling. They usually include severe anxiety followed by a dizzy feeling or even flashbacks that really shatter my nerves and change my emotions for hours on end. I have missed some school over it, but I have been forcing myself to go and work my way through them. I am not on any medications, and I don’t think this is a problem that is severe enough to require them, but I am seeing my therapist tomorrow. I blame the TM; it has worked wonders but I have halted myself from further meditation until I figure things out.

To make it worse, one of my "friends" is this girl who I have on again/off again feelings who likes to rip on everyone and everything. I can dish it and I can take it, and I enjoy our back and forth, but recently she blew up on me publically when I stated that she was making fun of another girl who committed suicide. "If you knew me at all, you'd know I'd never make fun of something like that" which seemed to imply her own past. That really set me off, as she doesn't seem to be aware of the pain she has caused several other people (not myself, as I know I am way out of her league and don't seriously entertain any hopes) including a friend of mine who everybody thought she was dating, though she didn't consider it that way. I usually encounter her before or shortly after these incidents, and our friendship has been cratered in the last few weeks. She doesn't seem to be interested in repairing it, and rejection is one of the things I handle the worst.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 06:42:03 PM »

I was accepted into Millersville!!!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Wonderful! I am going to be sending in my first application next week.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 07:02:01 PM »

Post 16,000.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 03:22:10 PM »

Made friends with a cute girl at my work. Turns out she's not the dating type. Disappointed.

Sad

I've made friends with cute girls before that are the dating types, just towards other people. Sucks.
Yep.

I'm gonna be in the audience for Morning Joe on Wednesday morning! I have to get there at 5:45 AM. I hope you all watch.
I'll record it! Be sure to post if you see Joe and Mika start dry humping.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 03:28:15 PM »

Having an autistic brother who was once projected to never learn to walk, talk, or read, I know that communicating with people with severe autism is a challenge. But what is really challenging is when your math teacher frankly is autistic.

After I left class early today to go work on another project in the library, I learned that the said math teacher went on quite the tirade against me. I'm very pissed off, considering that I am the only person who respects him. The man has to beg our class to behave weeks in advance of a teacher review, for 'chrissake. The reason for the tirade? I am apparently "difficult" with him when I solve problems in a manner differant than the one he tought, and thus he can't understand. Never mind the fact that I got a 75% on the test (I admit that I have always struggled with math, so a C is pretty good in my book), I am apparently his biggest obstacle in class Tongue.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 03:39:35 PM »

I done went and voted.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 07:48:22 PM »

So I witnessed another burglary last night.

Around 12:30 last night, a car alarm that was extremely close sounding went off. I went to the bathroom window that overlooks our driveway from the second floor and looked out. None of our cars were going off, and it appeared to come from next store. I thought nothing of it and was about to go to sleep when I heard a crashing sound, the neighbors dog barking, and in the corner of my eye, a flurry of movement. We have had some false alarms before, and when the car alarm went off, I figured that a neighbor set it off with their keys by mistake and went to sleep.

At 4:30 AM, my dad found a bike in our front yard when he went out to get the paper. After checking our cars to make sure they weren’t robbed, he called the police. The neighbor and his son were woken up at this exact same time by their dog and came outside, and found the bike, which belonged to them. My neighbor, who is a gun nut and lives in a walled in house covered with cameras, checked out his property and cameras, and found video of a young black male in a hoody (cliché as hell Tongue) trying to enter our house through the front door, going up into our driveway (obscured from the camera), before entering their property and stealing their bike. Apparently he went back into our driveway at the exact same time I was in the bathroom and bolted when I opened the window, leaving the bike in the grass.

I still don’t know why the dog was barking nearly five hours after the incident, but for whatever reason it was, and they awoke the neighbors at the time my dad was out. They apparently missed the dog at 12:30, for whatever reason. The police were called, but they could do nothing of course and tonight everyone around is extra paranoid. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 03:22:32 PM »

What's wrong with your area? Normal people never witness a burglary. The most troubling events in my lower-middle-class neighboorhood (classy mobile homes) were a suicide and, a few weeks ago, a cat kidnapping.
A lot is wrong with South Florida. In fact, 90% of the reasons people hate Florida is due to South Florida, not the entire state Tongue. We have a real crime problem in my town, and the police are grossly incompetant. One of our officers was arrested for raping a woman who he had arrested for God's sake!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 03:33:54 PM »

What's wrong with your area? Normal people never witness a burglary. The most troubling events in my lower-middle-class neighboorhood (classy mobile homes) were a suicide and, a few weeks ago, a cat kidnapping.
A lot is wrong with South Florida. In fact, 90% of the reasons people hate Florida is due to South North Florida, not the entire state Tongue. We have a real crime problem in my town, and the police are grossly incompetant. One of our officers was arrested for raping a woman who he had arrested for God's sake!

The problems that you face down there is the same up here, except we've got more confederate flags.
I consider Orlando to be more or less a cousin of South Florida, with less New Yorkers and more rednecks.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 04:51:04 PM »

Apparently I need to learn philosophy. Where do I start?
Ayn Rand.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »

I'm at a psychologists office and my mom is currently speaking with her. The woman's name is almost identical too Angela Merkel, and so is her personal appearance. I literally became extremely nervous for a split second because I thought she actually the (new) Iron Lady herself.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 08:46:40 PM »

There is an account on Youtube that is named "Bob Dylan-Topic" with several full albums up. It will be gone in a few hours. Get your fill of the Complete Basement Tapes while it lasts!!

Link to the song I am listening to right now; everything else is up!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 11:17:45 AM »
« Edited: November 23, 2014, 02:00:24 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

I've been having very vivid dreams due to the medication I am on, and one of them involved me and IceSpear meeting in person and I tried to trap him on a debate about Hillary and ended up being crushed. It was quite funny.

I don't even know what IceSpear looks like, which is the weird part.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »

BTW, my argument with IceSpear was in my grandma's apartment and she was in the kitchen not saying anything (which was odd, because she is the person who introduced me to politics and loves it almost more than I do).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 03:34:11 PM »

My depression has gone from 'worrying' through 'damaging' to 'debilitating'. I tried to kill myself earlier. I couldn't go for my daily bike ride because I cried so hard that I pulled several muscles.
Nathan, I know there is little I can say to alleviate the pain your going through. I am actually on Abilify right now (treating bipolar depression), and while I am not sold 100% on medication as the "end all/be all" treatment, I certainly hope that you can find something to recharge your batteries. You're presence on this forum has helped so many people, and I can't begin to describe just how much we revere and respect you as a person. I have and will continue to keep you in my prayers, because you really are one of the most considerate, kindest, and decent human beings that I have ever encountered, and you don’t deserve to be this miserable. I really, really hope everything starts to get better for you Smiley.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2014, 01:02:53 AM »

My impacted wisdom teeth have begun to show. On the left side of my mouth, I can feel the jagged edge of a tooth behind the last one on the left.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2014, 11:54:40 AM »

My impacted wisdom teeth have begun to show. On the left side of my mouth, I can feel the jagged edge of a tooth behind the last one on the left.

One of my wisdom teeth is partially impacted. It's not fun.

Can confirm, had impacted wisdom tooth that had to be taken out. Not fun at all.
I hung out with my best friend the other day and he just went through the same thing. He said it sucked as well.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2014, 03:46:54 PM »

Dreamt that I hooked up with a mermaid that had human genitalia. Second dream involved taking the virginity of one of my best (female) friends. This isn't good.

You need Jesus, my friend.

kidding

Unless he dreams of taking his virginity.
Dan Brown said that Mary Magdalene already did that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies