So much for running a competitive campaign in North Carolina (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 03:33:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  So much for running a competitive campaign in North Carolina (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So much for running a competitive campaign in North Carolina  (Read 4880 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: October 25, 2007, 02:13:31 AM »

Jesus, the society we live in. This shouldnt even be in consideration.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Interesting. I suppose this is why some people say its a choice.

It would make a difference to me.  Besides, I know for a fact it is a choice.  The Bible says God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.  If God created every human being and he made them in His image, and He is not gay, then there is not a single soul on the face of this earth that ever lived or lives today or that will live in the future that has been born gay.  It just doesn't happen.  I am correct about that, too.  I know I am right, not because I said so, but thats what God's Word says.  It doesn't matter if you believe that or not, because ITS THE TRUTH.

By the same token, you have successfully argued that black people are unnatural and should not be allowed to marry.

Kudos.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!!!!  I do not believe that for an instant.  I don't know what I said that made you think that I said that or implied that.  Please point it out to me.  There is an old Christian childrens song that says "Red, Yellow, Black, and White, All are precious in His sight.  Jesus loves the little children of the world."  They are definitely just as qualified to marry as whites.  No difference.  For me, when I look at somebody, I don't even see their color.  I see them for who they are.

Well, if God literally makes people in his image and if he has a defined appearance and set of attributes, then there must be one single ideal human such that other humans aren't as much as like God as that person, since humans don't look identical to each other.  And for that matter, God must be both female and male at the same time.  Or maybe females aren't human.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 02:22:03 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2007, 02:23:43 AM by SoFA Gabu »

Okay, now you're just being silly.

When the Bible says "made in His image" it doesn't mean physically.  It means with His thought patterns and action patterns.  God is not a man.  He is a Spirit.  Hence the word, "spiritual".  The word "He" is referred to as the masculine "father" figure.  He is our Father, but yet is not a man.  Again, we cannot understand God.  And, to think that we've figured him out is a lie that we've just told ourselves.

You basically said the following above:

1. God makes all people in his image.
2. God is not gay.
3. Therefore, all humans are not (inherently) gay.

You basically directly asserted that humans' lack of "gayness" comes directly from God's lack of "gayness".  So would it not logically follow that other facets of humans also come directly from qualities God possesses, such as personality, appearance, etc.?  And if not, then what is so special about sexual orientation?

Also, if God is spiritual with no corporeal form, then how can one even say anything about his sexual orientation?  Doesn't one need, you know, potential sexual interests before the concept of one's sexual orientation becomes at all meaningful?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 03:50:56 AM »

Once North Carolina finds out Neal is gay, his numbers can only go up!

Well, it is certainly important for candidates to be happy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies