Australian Federal Election- July 2, 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:26:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Australian Federal Election- July 2, 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australian Federal Election- July 2, 2016  (Read 86284 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: June 16, 2016, 08:49:43 PM »
« edited: June 16, 2016, 08:53:07 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

Are you guys paying attention to the youth unemployment figures?

Or, even more strikingly, the underemployment figures?

The idea that the Coalition are the "better economic managers" needs to die a quick, well deserved death.  I mean, for god's sake, Turnbull drones on and on about the transitioning economy and yet he doesn't even have a vision for what the economy will look like outside of the prospect of it being easier to be an enormous corporation.  It really insults our intelligence, to try to foist the discredited trickle down economics on us, and yet, it looks like people are stupid enough to buy it.  Wow.

It's very peculiar that, no matter what parties of left do, they will never be seen as "better economic managers". Gordon Brown and Kevin Rudd were excellent "economic managers" and, yet, both Labor in Australia and Labour in the UK have been damaged by the impression that they are bodies filled with profligate wastrels and moronic nincompoops. There's obvious reasons for this phenomenon: the financial press/media isn't composed of economists but, rather, is composed of "business commentators" who have taken, at the most, two macroeconomics courses and who have obvious interests in bashing the left. This, at least, is my view.

I'm very sleep right now so this isn't one of my better posts but I, too, have been confused by the inability of both parties to control the narrative, especially considering the fact that their opponents have forwarded policies that have been unmitigated economic disasters. In the US, I can understand why the average voter has a modicum of faith in Republican talking points on the economy: it's been years since they've had total control over the federal government so they don't have a clear record of failure and can be seen as some sort of an alternative. Meanwhile, in the UK, the Tories are clearly responsible for a double-dip recession! Abbott forwarded austerity measures for no apparent reason!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies