'Mohammed' enters top 20 boys names list in England and Wales (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 09:13:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  'Mohammed' enters top 20 boys names list in England and Wales (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'Mohammed' enters top 20 boys names list in England and Wales  (Read 7493 times)
afleitch
Atlas Star

« on: January 07, 2005, 10:01:56 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4148335.stm

I'm actually a bit disturbed by this...still at least we dont have 'Osama' in the list yet. Give it time.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 04:44:55 PM »

Apologies- I didn't realise that this topic would have performed as well as it has done!

To answer a few questions

1. Yes I feel threatened. The rampant homophobia being sprouted from mouthpieces of Britain's Muslim leaders and community members is bordering on the disturbing. It also shows that changes in birth rates, combined with an increasingly insular, anti-western and anti-semitic Muslim youth (combined with rising support of the despicable BNP in a recent opinion poll amongst the 18-34 ages group) points to an increasing chance of clashes- whether rhetorical or physical between white youth and Muslim youths.

2. I am considering voting Conservative because they don't bury their heads in regads to this issue.

3. The political left in the UK have 'sold out' in order to harvest the Muslim and anti-war vote. George Galloway's 'Respect' Party being the perfect example, with pledges to to protect Islamic womens rights to wear the hijab, at the expense of gay and womens rights. The Liberal Democrats are doing much the same. Winning the ever so obedient Muslim 'bloc' vote would give them a great urban bounce (I'm well aware that Labour did this for years too- hence their unwillingness to confront many issues related to Muslim fundamentalism)

4. When Trevor Phillips, the black head of the Commission for Racial Equality says that mulitculturalism has failed- you really should listen.

5. When Sikh, Hindu and even Jewish people start attending the neo-fascist BNP meetings, alarmed at the rise in Islamic fundamentalism in their own neighbourhood because local mainstream parties don't give a damn- you really should listen.

6. I back the Democrats because Christian Fundamentalism is just as dangerous.

7. I am a Centrist Smiley
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 03:49:08 PM »

I already answered to accusations of 'Islamophobia' (a term coined only recently by a Muslim cleric to label people who happen to disagree with Islam) in a previous post. I am not 'phobic' either. A phobia is an irrational fear. My fears are well based and explained. As gay man the rampant abuse I have received from some young Muslim students is nothing short of disgusting ranging from 'die you fag' to the more poetic 'crawl along on your belly you sodomite so you can be slaughtered like a squealing pig.' These are from young urbane Muslims who have turned inwards and believe the whole world is against them. They are third generation and since 2001 I have seen many former friends turn against not only me, but their own female friends who refuse to 'cover up' and they have also slandered the British state. So as you can see- my reasons for mistrust of Islam are quite justified.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 04:23:43 PM »

Did I even say it was an epedemic? No- It is a worrying trend. I dislike fundamentalists of all religions.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 08:51:24 AM »

A supportive view of the BNP! No chance! What I have said before is that I can understand why people would be driven to support them in urban areas. People do feel threatened by Muslims and to label them all as racists and bigots is plain wrong and grossly incorrect. I also know Muslims who are very nice to me and are also angry at their own community. But I know others who once were friends but who shunned me because I was a victim of 'western decadence' These are educated urbane people who withdraw into a shell that only involves people with like thoughts. And to even suggest some future 'holocaust' against Muslims is absurd.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 07:21:29 AM »

But I don't! Reread what I have written and you will see. I said I am friends with many Muslims who are angry at their OWN community for the problems I have mentioned!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies