IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:17:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising  (Read 56677 times)
henster
Junior Chimp

« on: November 12, 2014, 04:11:26 PM »

Madigan puts this race away early less $$ to spend, someone like Bustos would be good a generic D who can ride Cook to victory.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 12:58:25 PM »

Madigan is definitely Kirk's worse fear his second would be Duckworth. Between Madigan, Duckworth, and Bustos if I were him I'd rather run against Bustos.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 01:54:08 PM »

Madigan is definitely Kirk's worse fear his second would be Duckworth. Between Madigan, Duckworth, and Bustos if I were him I'd rather run against Bustos.

Duckworth is a pretty underwhelming campaigner, Madigan is too entrenched, Bustos is neither of those things.

I have no doubt all three could defeat Kirk.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 02:28:00 PM »

If Duckworth is the nominee, then Kirk will win. I am 100% confident of that.

So corrupt banker Giannoulias came within two points of Kirk in 2010 but Duckworth a wounded Iraq War vet won't beat Kirk in a Presidential year? A lot of people on here seem to really be overestimating Kirk as a candidate.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 04:30:19 PM »

Duckworth is a pretty underwhelming campaigner, Madigan is too entrenched, Bustos is neither of those things.

I have no doubt all three could defeat Kirk.

I don't disagree with that. But could is different from will. Underestimating Kirk is stupid.

No, I'm being realistic. Kirk is an anonymous Republican Senator in a deep blue state who barely won in a wave year against a corrupt opponent. What makes you think he'll win against a top recruit like Duckworth or Madigan he is not Chuck Grassley he can be beaten easily.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 04:44:08 PM »

IL-SEN will be the AR-SEN of that cycle, it will require a lot less money with a Madigan run.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 09:08:44 PM »

It would be interesting to see if Kirk could become the Kay Hagan of 2016: good campaign, flawed challenger, personally inoffensive, but still taken down by the environment and electorate.

The thing going against Hagan was the fact she voted with Obama 96% of the time and Obama's popularity being underwater. Kirk won't have that against him.

In addition, he has a distinct advantage over Hagan of being a true moderate able to engage in bipartisan initiatives. And if some of those initiatives become laws, that’s something he can tout in 2016.

Before 2014 Hagan had the same type of approvals as Kirk, she was anonymous with most voters not even knowing who she was the same with Kirk.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 04:52:43 AM »

Zopp is basically a black female Alexi Giannoulias.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 11:10:50 PM »

I think a lot of Republicans will end up leaving the Senate ballot blank in 2016, Kirk's votes for PP and gun control have to be a bit too much especially in Southern Illinois. If there's a Libertarian I expect them to pull like 3-5% of the vote.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 02:32:19 PM »

It really doesnt matter because Dold, Rauner & Kirk are pretty much moderates and IL have had its fill of Rauner, because of the budget crisis.  Rauner has doomed the GOP in 2016-2018, with Comptroller too.

Duckworth isnt the best candidate, but she was the other choice, since Madigan didnt run, against Dems wishes

I doubt Rauner will be much of a factor in 2016, and his JA numbers are not even that bad yet, certainly not where Pat Quinn was.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 03:27:01 PM »

Gloves are off, expect the stuff about Kirk's military record to be used now.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 09:19:44 PM »

If Obama nominated someone black then it would be a much bigger issue for Kirk in IL. I mean if Obama really wanted to motivate people on this he was better off picking a minority pick.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies