AHCA Whip Count (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:28:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AHCA Whip Count (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AHCA Whip Count  (Read 38582 times)
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« on: March 24, 2017, 03:29:08 PM »

This looks bad right now, but in reality republicans probably saved themselves from a 2018 shellacking by not passing this utterly terrible bill.
By pissing off their own base with keeping the mandate for two more years? This was a lose-lose situation in my opinion.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 03:37:49 PM »

This looks bad right now, but in reality republicans probably saved themselves from a 2018 shellacking by not passing this utterly terrible bill.
By pissing off their own base with keeping the mandate for two more years? This was a lose-lose situation in my opinion.
You are forgetting that most voters don't know anything and those that do only care for 5 minutes. Two years from now nobody will be voting on the basis of the GOP failing to repeal Obamacare, but a lot of people would have voted against the GOP if they had gotten much worse health care, whoch would have been the resukt fir millions with this bill.
My point isnt that they will remember the failure today. Its that they seem to be counting on people not blaming them for rising premiums well they had full power to do away with the law. That isn't a easy sell to say i bear no responsibility for this to base voters who have believed for years republicans would get rid of the mandate on day one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies