Democratic MI/MS election results thread (first results @8pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:41:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic MI/MS election results thread (first results @8pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32
Author Topic: Democratic MI/MS election results thread (first results @8pm ET)  (Read 29626 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: March 08, 2016, 11:16:42 PM »

Clinton still /can/ win Michigan, but she doesn't seem likely to, unless what is outstanding has especially high numbers of African Americans in Kent and Wayne Counties.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #626 on: March 08, 2016, 11:18:38 PM »

I wonder what her internals showed.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #627 on: March 08, 2016, 11:18:56 PM »

Clinton is only up 18% in Wayne County with 92% of the vote in.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #628 on: March 08, 2016, 11:19:34 PM »

I'm just glad that Hillary won the most pledged delegates tonight. Her lead remains strong one week out from Super Tuesday II.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #629 on: March 08, 2016, 11:19:55 PM »

It just closed in again!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #630 on: March 08, 2016, 11:19:59 PM »

I'm still not sure why people are ignoring the delegate math here. This does not close the gap for Sanders, not even close.

This.

I've noticed that you never truly make any contributions to any discussions at all. Almost everything I've seen you do in these past few days is quote another Clinton's supporter's goalpost moving with the word "This." Why not try using your own opinions?

I just did before you posted this. Wink

Fair enough. But still, a disproportionate amount of your posting activity is simply empty quoting other Clinton hacks.

Us "hacks" are still easily beating you Bernie "bots"

You only believe that because you seem to believe that there is no possible way for a superdelegate to switch endorsements. Yes, Clinton could theoretically reach the threshold using superdelegates, but if Sanders held the lead in pledged delegates, it's very likely that those superdelegates would switch over to Sanders. The superdelegates will likely have no effect whatsoever on the primaries.

Erm, she's going to have a ~220-230 pledged delegate lead after tonight. That's extremely difficult to overcome in a 100% proportional system.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #631 on: March 08, 2016, 11:20:03 PM »

People said Bernie could only win caucuses. He could only win small states. Tonight will be a big statement.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #632 on: March 08, 2016, 11:20:25 PM »

Honestly, the water crisis in Flint is so atrocious to me, and the fact that it permeated every level of that stupid governorship, that I hope Rick Snyder is not only recalled, but is jailed for murder.

Do you at least give her some credit for bringing it up?
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #633 on: March 08, 2016, 11:20:45 PM »

People said Bernie could only win caucuses. He could only win small states. Tonight will be a big statement.

I'll give you that. But can he do it again in a week?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #634 on: March 08, 2016, 11:20:53 PM »

I'm still not sure why people are ignoring the delegate math here. This does not close the gap for Sanders, not even close.

This.

I've noticed that you never truly make any contributions to any discussions at all. Almost everything I've seen you do in these past few days is quote another Clinton's supporter's goalpost moving with the word "This." Why not try using your own opinions?

Fair enough. But still, a disproportionate amount of your posting activity is simply empty quoting other Clinton hacks.

You only believe that because you seem to believe that there is no possible way for a superdelegate to switch endorsements. Yes, Clinton could theoretically reach the threshold using superdelegates, but if Sanders held the lead in pledged delegates, it's very likely that those superdelegates would switch over to Sanders. The superdelegates will likely have no effect whatsoever on the primaries.

Erm, she's going to have a ~220-230 pledged delegate lead after tonight. That's extremely difficult to overcome in a 100% proportional system.

It was a theoretical statement. Our friend "3peat 2016" here seems to think that Clinton will be able to win on the backs of superdelegates.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #635 on: March 08, 2016, 11:20:58 PM »

So Hillary comes out of tonight with a 22 delegate expansion of her lead?  All I needed to know, thanks.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #636 on: March 08, 2016, 11:21:20 PM »

Honestly, I see a path to victory for Sanders. The math is hard, but it is not impossible. It is simply too early to declare the race over.
What's the path to 50%+1 of pledged delegates?

He doesn't have one.

Outpoll Hillary by 25% for the rest of the race and then dance a jig at the convention? XD
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #637 on: March 08, 2016, 11:22:15 PM »

Sanders 49.9%
Clinton 48.1%

Oh my godddddd!!!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #638 on: March 08, 2016, 11:22:51 PM »

Also, Michigan has more blacks and seniors than the nationwide average.  Not exactly ideal demographics for Bernie.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #639 on: March 08, 2016, 11:23:01 PM »

This.

It was a theoretical statement. Our friend "3peat 2016" here seems to think that Clinton will be able to win on the backs of superdelegates.

As long as she has a 1 pledged delegate lead after June 7th SHE WILL WIN ON THE BACKS OF SUPERDELEGATES.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #640 on: March 08, 2016, 11:23:16 PM »

New vote dump from Wayne so new estimates on needed Clinton support. I calculate she needs 55% to pull ahed. Better than earlier, but they are running out of terrain.
indysaff
reapersaff
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

« Reply #641 on: March 08, 2016, 11:23:42 PM »

83% in Wayne, but only 44% in Kent. I dunno if it will be enough.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #642 on: March 08, 2016, 11:24:23 PM »

Why not? Hasn't he defied expectations as it is?
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #643 on: March 08, 2016, 11:24:36 PM »

Sanders 49.9%
Clinton 48.1%

Oh my godddddd!!!
It is shocking that Sanders would win Michigan.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #644 on: March 08, 2016, 11:25:15 PM »

83% in Wayne, but only 44% in Kent. I dunno if it will be enough.
If Kent is following the patterns of the rest of the state, the black vote will come in last.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #645 on: March 08, 2016, 11:25:27 PM »

This.

As long as she has a 1 pledged delegate lead after June 7th SHE WILL WIN ON THE BACKS OF SUPERDELEGATES.

That's true, but then, she would have the majority even without superdelegates. On the other hand, if she didn't have the majority in pledged delegates, I have serious doubts that the superdelegates would overrule the people. Like somebody else here said, it's a catch-22. The only time when superdelegates will actually be able to save her, they won't save her.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #646 on: March 08, 2016, 11:25:31 PM »

Sanders 49.9%
Clinton 48.1%

Oh my godddddd!!!
It is shocking that Sanders would win Michigan.

I actually don't mind lol.  I like him he grew on me.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #647 on: March 08, 2016, 11:26:42 PM »

Why not? Hasn't he defied expectations as it is?

He has, clearly, it s a good night for him. At the same time, Hillary won OH, TX, and PA late in 08. Was a big story for weeks. lots of momentum. Didn't matter long run.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #648 on: March 08, 2016, 11:27:29 PM »

I can't speak for other Sanders supporters, but as someone who doesn't expect Sanders to win the nomination, I'm just happy that pulled off such a surprise win. While Clinton is still the overwhelming favorite, even Clinton supporters should admit that Sanders is nothing to sneeze at.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #649 on: March 08, 2016, 11:27:50 PM »

Opening up again!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies