If you could change three presidential elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:03:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  If you could change three presidential elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you could change three presidential elections  (Read 2209 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 25, 2016, 12:46:44 PM »

1896, 1980, and 1920
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 09:25:22 PM »

Now as for my answers:

1896: McKinley was just awful. Imperialism and gold-buggery are simply the worst. Bryan would have stopped that, and his personality was more interesting. And he would've been the youngest ever.

1920: Cox would've been the perfect liberal, and there's a very good reason historians on both sides of aisle consider him better objectively. Even if Cox ended up dead, we would've had FDR sooner, which would've meant the opposite of shoddy Mellonomics, Prohibition would've ended sooner...Even if that's not true, Harding was just a mess.

1980: To quote Crumpet: " Carter easily deserved re-election, and the US would almost definitely be better served if Reagan were a Goldwater-esque footnote of history."
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 12:46:14 AM »

For now: I revise this to kick out 1920 for the current election...but if Trump fails enough to lose re-election, then I put it back to 1920.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies