What is the dumbest argument you've ever heard for a position you agree with? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:21:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What is the dumbest argument you've ever heard for a position you agree with? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the dumbest argument you've ever heard for a position you agree with?  (Read 2962 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: May 21, 2012, 12:52:30 PM »

For me it'd either be the pro-choice arguments put forward by Pete Singer and some radical feminists or the fringe of anti-Iraq War people who tried to argue Saddam was actually not a bad guy.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 10:47:10 PM »

Only women should have a say in the abortion debate simply because they are women.

The worst part is that wouldn't even help the pro-choice position.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 10:50:07 PM »

Only women should have a say in the abortion debate simply because they are women.

Why is that so dumb? The pro-choice position is all about a woman's right to choose.

In the US at least, women are no more likely to be pro-choice than men, and actually less likely per some polls. It might be true that pro-choice women tend to be more passionate about the issue than pro-choice men, but numerically gender makes little difference on one's position.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 01:15:12 AM »

A lot of anti-Zionist arguments also are incredibly stupid and fallacy-ridden, but that shouldn't be a surprise considering how many anti-Zionists are truly awful people (just like most hardcore Zionists of course.) What bugs me though is why people even bother with that when criticizing Israel for its actions is actually just too easy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies