Jay Nixon not ruling out run (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:09:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jay Nixon not ruling out run (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jay Nixon not ruling out run  (Read 3101 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 12, 2014, 07:12:44 PM »

He spoke at the National Governor's Association meeting and may consider running if Hillary doesn't. His name may go against him,", but he said at the meeting that the "heartland" needs a voice in the Democratic Party. He may be viewed as "too DINO". I think he may run for Senate against Blunt.
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/jay-nixon-democrats-need-voice-2016-108838.html
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 05:45:12 PM »

Nixon's a new face on the national scene, but he's a career politician in MO and is not someone who can credibly label him as an "outsider".  He's got executive experience, but no foreign policy chops.  He's a logical VP pick for Hillary Clinton, and he might help expand the map. 

I don't see Nixon as a credible Presidential candidate, and I really don't see him running against Blunt unless he's promised loads of money.  I wouldn't be surprised if he opts out of running against Blunt in the hopes of being selected for the national ticket.  I would be slightly surprised if Nixon were to beat Blunt; MO is trending GOP and I don't see Blunt losing in such a nationalized election.  Yes, Claire McCaskill clobbered Todd Akin in 2012, but look at the "help" Akin gave her.

If Nixon doesn't run against Blunt, who is the Missouri Democrats' best choice?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 03:26:18 PM »

Should Nixon run for president and and if wins the nomination, he may face problems over
racial tensions and the "his slow response" some in the media are saying about him.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/08/14/missouri-gov-jay-nixon-has-been-at-the-center-of-racial-tension-before-ferguson/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies