Ithaca College SGA passes bill for online reporting of microaggressions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:58:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ithaca College SGA passes bill for online reporting of microaggressions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ithaca College SGA passes bill for online reporting of microaggressions  (Read 3373 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 27, 2015, 11:16:27 AM »

if I had to label it: it's "degenerated New Left identity politics"
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 02:12:18 PM »

Given that the Ivy League has a way of producing the next generation of the American ruling class

Ithaca College is not Cornell.  Cornell is Ivy League, Ithaca College is not.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 03:19:49 PM »

Given that the Ivy League has a way of producing the next generation of the American ruling class

Ithaca College is not Cornell.  Cornell is Ivy League, Ithaca College is not.

Ah, my apologies. Thank you for correcting me there. Must have gotten the two mixed up.

you got mixed up because both schools are located in Ithaca.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 04:15:36 PM »

What's up with student governments being dominated by Social Justice Warrior types?

it may just be that we don't pay any attention to non-SJW behavior by student governments.  no poster here had ever thought once about the Ithaca College SGA before this provocative story.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 04:39:21 PM »

What's up with student governments being dominated by Social Justice Warrior types?

it may just be that we don't pay any attention to non-SJW behavior by student governments.  no poster here had ever thought once about the Ithaca College SGA before this provocative story.

Working with someone within SG that many would consider a "Social Justice Warrior" type, I can tell you that student government definitely is not dominated by aforementioned people, even in a place like Berkeley.

right.  at Cornell we even had a little bit of 'real power'; Cornell is governed by 64 trustees, with a grant total of 2 (two) elected by the students: one elected by the undergrads, one elected by the grads.  the winners were always very resume-conscious, well-adapted-to-suits-and-ties types.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies