Ontheissues.org (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:22:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Ontheissues.org (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ontheissues.org  (Read 630 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« on: January 10, 2013, 03:19:53 AM »
« edited: January 10, 2013, 03:27:50 AM by blagohair.com »

1.) Abortion is a woman's right:
Well yes, of course it is a woman's right.  It is after all her body.  The vast majority of women that have an abortion have a very good reason for doing it.  Believe me it is not an easy decision to make. (F)

2.) Require companies to hire more women & minorities:
Not necessarily hire more women and minorities, but perhaps have a more diverse interviewing team.  Another measure I would like would be when a resume is submitted, important information such as the name or basic demographic information are not available to the human resource department.  This of course could only work with government agencies or large companies. (F)

3.) Sexual orientation protected by civil rights laws:
Of course.  Homosexuals are probably the most bullied and discriminated against group (SF)

4.) Permit prayer in public schools:
Yes, as long as each student is allowed to worship whatever god they believe in.  I used to teach a night class and I had some Muslim students who couldn't eat anything until sunset I think, and I would give them permission to leave the class and go have some food.  What I am not in favor of is making Christian prayers mandatory, which is completely retarded considering how diverse this country has become.  Would you force a non-christian to pray with every one else? (F)

5.) More federal funding for health coverage:
Absolutely.  Health care is a right, not a money making business.  It is the most important thing in the world and what separates civilized societies from uncivilized ones. (SF)

6.) Privatize Social Security:
No.  Social security is not a money making business. (SO)

7.) Parents choose schools via vouchers:
Not sure about this one.

8.) Death Penalty:
Only for rapists. (F)

9.) Mandatory Three Strikes sentencing laws:
Stupid (O)

10.) Absolute right to gun ownership:
No.  I want to live in a gun free world.  Just because some people have a small penis and need to own a gun to make up for it doesn't mean that the rest of us have to constantly be in danger in case some nut like Alex Jones loses his mind. I know I'm generalizing, and I also know we will never live in a gun-free world, but I never felt the need to own a gun, and I would never move to a place with no gun control laws. (SO)

11.) Decrease overall taxation of the wealthy:
F*** that.  Are you saying that Donald Trump who makes millions every minute works as hard as a janitor who stays up all night making a little more than minimum wage?  You people are so goddamn brainwashed. (SO)

12.) Immigration helps our economy-encourage it:
Yes, immigration of people with an education. (F)

13.) Support & expand free trade:
Very difficult topic.  Free trade has a lot of negative (as well as positive) consequences, but poor countries seem to suffer the most when borders open.  I'm not an ideologue when it comes to trade.

14.) Link human rights to trade with China:
Good luck with that.  Prices for most consumer goods will skyrocket if this happens, and the country will go through a major depression.  Also, in case you didn't know, China owns a large amount of U.S. debt, and I can only imagine how China would respond (they would probably stop importing U.S. goods, which will further hurt the U.S. economy.  You don't do something like that to your no. 2 trading partner.  Plus, we would look like hypocrites if we stop trading with China, but continue trading with countries that have a far worse record on human rights such as Saudi Arabia.  Sorry but this won't work even if I agree with you on principle.

15.) More spending on armed forces:  
F*** no.  The Cold War ended more than 20 years ago. What we need is CUTS, CUTS, CUTS so that we can start spending on education and health care. (SO)

16.) Reduce spending on missile defense (Star Wars):
Yes.  Cut all military expenditures (SF)

17.) Seek UN approval for military action:
It would certainly make us look better (F)

18.) Reduce use of coal, oil, & nuclear energy:
Yes, but that's something each one of us has to help with.  Turn the lights off when you don't need, recycle, drive less and walk more.  Someone once said that Americans fear one thing:  inconvenience.  Well it's time to get over that and start respecting the environment.  Also, lets start developing our own sources of energy rather than importing foreign oil (and please don't say that it's not possible because there are countries that are very close to relying almost exclusively on renewable energy). (F)

19.) Drug use is immoral: enforce laws against it:
No, it's a personal choice. (SO)

20.) Allow churches to provide welfare services:
Of course.  They would finally be doing something christian instead of preaching hate. (F)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies